If it's a public server, then there shouldn't be any "private" IP.  You should
specify the public IP of the box using "+ip aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd" in the command
line.  Is you server behind a NAT?

    - Dave

Dave Parker
Systems Administrator
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177