From: Kdog <1poc...@comcast.net>
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Mon, Jan 23, 2012 03:10:19 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] hlds_linux Digest, Vol 47, Issue 48

I've never liked STEAM GUARD, especially having it forced on all of my
accounts without me knowing. I have 5 accounts due to buying two platinum
packs way back in 1997. Out of all five of my steam accounts, I never once
noticed that STEAM GUARD had been installed, much less activated, and I play
and run 6 game servers.

I use random generated passwords from " https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm "
these passwords are truely random and based on entrapy, (not pseudo random).
the only way you're getting you're account hijacked is if you're lazy and or
dumb, and use a stupid password, Or you get a virus from someone who realy
wants to harvest you'rte steam account. Not likely, because there's a lot of
other information/files that are much more valuable then a STEAM account to
someone who can hack you're PC. I disabled STEAM GUARD on all of my accounts
and will most likely never use it on any of them. One of my accounts is
worth over $550.

EVEN IF ONE OF YOU had the ability to hijack my account using some sort of
Winxp exploit, you would have to know my IP address.
Thats why I will reset it (by spoofing my mac address) after sending this
message to the list, so that you wont be able to check the email headers to
see my IP.
I will also change the name that I post under on this list. You just have to
be smart, if you're not, then you get whats coming to you. That has always
been the way of the net and will get even more so as time goes on.

Mark my words, due to cyber terrorism, one day you will have to take a test
in order to own a PC that connects to the WWW.
I think you should have to do that now just to be called a human being.
:Peace