Was this only happening when DNS requests timed out completely, or
also when the resolvers were just being slow?

SourceMod's webternet extension's (which is only used for the gamedata
updater, which is only checked on map change) copy of libcurl is
compiled without c-ares support, and from the looks of the
documentation could get borked if a DNS request times out and SIGPIPE
never gets to it. The 3rd party cURL extension could have the same
issue, can't check the compile options from my phone.

SteamTool's HTTP functions all go through Valve's stuff, so I'll trust
they've not borked that implementation.

And the only other option for networking from SourceMod plugins, the
Sockets extension, backs onto boost::asio. So who knows. Again, can't
look into the code enough at the moment.

If you're sure it was caused by a plugin, the best bet is probably to
track down what's being used for networking in the problematic
plugins. This would make it a lot simpler to fix the problem.

Regards,
Asher.

Sent from my iPhone