Speaking as someone who's been running replays using the FTP offload since
day 1, I can reliably say that any certain map is not the cause of the
problem.

I've watched my access/error httpd logs closely over the last 8 months in
order to see what's going on, and it's simple to see what replays are
corrupting(ed) by what .dmx files are requested endlessly for all time.

tail -n 3 error.log was the smallest I needed to go to see this:

[Mon Feb 20 20:43:20 2012] [error] [client <snippy>] File does not exist:
/var/www/fastdl/replays/20110603-181226-cp_gorge.dmx

Which brings me to a little sidenote bitchfit I want to throw.

There's a TF2 client still mindlessly trying to download a 8 month old
replay file, over and over, even though it's gotten probably close to
10,000 404 errors on that particular request. I can tell you the idle
habits of some people who've got static IP's based on the 404 patterns in
my error.log files.

tl;dr

certain map isn't the cause - it's something else be it server hiccup,
player, model, whathavenot.

Any admins out there that run one of those vanilla no unlockables
no items/hats/stuff servers that doesn't sit empty 24/7 who can chime in
and say if yous server ever has crapped out replays? That would certainly
go a long way to determining if some unlockable/wearable/unusual hat effect
is the root cause, because that option is so far inside the ballpark of
possible I can taste it.