I see where they are dropped slowly via Steam Auth even though they had no issues. i.e. Crashing, lag, or disconnection. I think it might be an accidental packet being sent from steam client saying "crash" even though there wasn't one.

On 2/21/2012 9:24 PM, Daniel G wrote:
Same here with a TF2 linux serevr,
Sometimes 90% of the clients will be dropped with a "Client timed out"
message

2012/2/21 doc<drga...@gmail.com>

I've seen this happen a few times on my own server. It's kind of comical
and when it happens I get confirmation that it's not just my server - just
about everyone playing TF2 gets hit by this. It will drop people one by
one, about once every second with the message of (Client timed out), but on
the client's side they would just see HL2.exe crashing or something.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Michael Johansen<michs...@live.no>
wrote:

I'm on Linux, you're on Windows, so the problems might not even be
related. My server don't crash, it justs timeouts about all clients, and
fucks itself up. I think I've fixed it with a iptables rule tho, I'll
post
it here if it works good and doesn't fuck anything up with the
masterservers.

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:55:52 -0500
From: ch...@oryschak.com
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] No Steam Logon - massive lag

I'm having a similar problem where the server would drop 90% of the
players.
Their hl2.exe crashes and the chat displays a client timeout message.

Is this similar to what you are experiencing Michael? Or are your
clients
just getting disconnected?

Chris

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Michael Johansen<michs...@live.no>