If you're referring to the client error "Couldn't CRC map_name_here", then
that's a known bug since Source launched for the Mac and hasn't been fixed.
I've tried and tried but haven't been able to come up with a reproducible case.

Last I checked, sometimes the Source client makes a request that 404s, but the
same URI in Safari, curl, wget, etc. works fine. There have been hypotheses
about broken decompression (Bzip2 IIRC) but nothing conclusive.