From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Ojeda
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 8:40 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Suddenly very low server population

For those who are experiencing no users on your servers, do you have a
local motd (hosted on the tf2 server) or are you using a remotely hosted
one on a webserver? If it's remotely hosted check to see if it's over 1KB
and if it is try lowering it below 1KB. I sent in an email to the
newsletter and a guy from valve is looking into it. This might be an issue
as to why the servers are having issues keeping people on.

Basically what has been happening for me is if the Remote MoTD is over 1KB
it crashes the TF2 client. After reducing the size to below 1KB, boom, just
like that users are now on... This only seems to have happened after the
last update.

--
Michael Ojeda
mojed...@gmail.com