--
feugatos (Dimitrios Zarras)
CEID Warfare | TF2, CS:GO, ZPS | ceidwarfare.net

On Τρίτη, 11 Σεπτέμβριος 2012 6:21:34 μμ, Cameron Munroe wrote:
That wont work either. In LAN mode it blocks all connections outside of its
local net.

Sent from my android device.

-----Original Message-----
From: feugatos <feuga...@ceidwarfare.net>
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] LAN server questions:

It's the way networks work.

One server will broadcast its existence using the network's broadcast IP.
So a server at 192.169.1.1(/24) will broadcast its existence only to
192.168.1.255 so only Clients at the
network 192.168.1.0 (/24) will of the server being there.

The best way I can imagine so that clients will know if a server is
online, would be to add the servers IP to the favorite tab of each
client so the the client asks the server if it's online.

--
feugatos
CEID Warfare | TF2, CS:GO, ZPS | ceidwarfare.net