On 11/09/2012 16:37, feugatos wrote:
My guess is that the servers broadcast only to their subnet.
What you need is a way to forward everything send to one network's broadcast IP to the other networks broadcast IP.

eg from 192.168.1.255 to 192.168.2.255/192.168.3.255/192.168.4.255 and so forth...

Would changing the subnet mask not achieve that?
255.255.0.0 or /16, whatever it is (using /n you can probably fine tune it a bit) and then you'd expect it to broadcast to 192.168.255.255 ?

Although you've (the OP) separated the lan(s) for management and now you actually want to join them, the 2 seem at odds with each other.

I'm not sure what Valve's rules are about LAN connections because I've always bought 2 copies of games we play locally together, but I certainly think what Cameron said about allowed connections is how it is intended to work. Doesn't lan mode connect to the server with generic steam ids? I wouldn't have thought a lan wanted that (i.e I'd have thought you would want to know who is playing in each team, to make sure they aren't vac banned, banned by you and that they are the people registered to play in each match and so on)

(I'd have thought you'd want some kind of internet access available just because offline mode isn't an exact science) So that begs the question why
bother with sv_lan 1 mode for the servers?

I'd question why it matters at all given all you've said. If folk can be told the IP to connect to at the lan, if connections are working, and if they can favourite them then getting the server to appear in the lan tab seems peripheral. Indeed, when my son's clan plays the servers all have passwords, so they have to be told the details of the server
they don't typically look for them in the browser.

--
Dan