Hi all,

This was touched on in a previous post - Does anyone know a solution for MOTDs
not rendering (just a gray box, not even a background/plain text shows).

I've had this happen to me with both HTML motds and plain text contained in the
motd.txt file.

The weird things are that:

a) some people can see the MOTDs fine.
b) right clicking the box and hitting 'view source' shows the HTML content of
the correct MOTD page
c) I've gotten it to show up for me exactly once.

Running our servers on Linux, there's no flash content or ads in the motd, and
they render fine in a webkit-based browser.
I've tried both just the MOTD url in motd.txt as well as a META refresh to
redirect. both have the same result.

If anyone knows of a fix, I'm all ears as we're in a situation where most of
our traffic is passthru Quickplay, and I'd like to at least inform them about
server rules and the existence of our other servers/extended/non-tf2 community

Thanks!