>From what I know, source would need to be fully rebuilt. The issue
with MultiThreading is built into source and thus we may just hope that
Valve updates TF2 to use source 2.

On , Huiren Woo wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Team Fortress 2 has been the most popular multiplayer game out of
the
> Orangebox and probably even more popular than HL:DM.
> There are
changes and improvements that must be made to the SRCDS to
> maintain
its popularity.

> One improvement are highly of most of our concerns,
multi-threading support
> for Linux servers.
>
> Multi-threading will
improve server performance and with multi-threading
> support, Team
Fortress 2 servers can even support more than 32 players.

> This
means that bots can run more effectively on servers as well.
> As you
can see in MvM game mode, the game's latency will increase once the

bot waves begin due to bottleneck.
> It would be upsetting to get killed
by bots who aren't affected by latency
> while having at least 40
micro-second increase in latency.

> Another bad thing about being
bottleneck is that everything will freeze up
> too and will also result
in server crashes.

> With multi-thread support, latency will decrease
and chances of server
> freezing up will also be decreased.
>
> I hope
Valve will take into serious considerations regarding multi-thread

support for srcds.

> Thanks.

[1]

--