Well  i just noticed my L4D2 update and  found this..

"- Updated a Steam binary that may have been causing some Windows Dedicated
Servers to crash"

Now, I run a l4d2 server  on both linux and windows, and since the last update,
 the windows server has been crashing literally on every map change,[so i hope
this updates fixes that but since this is a linux mailing list, moving on]

 the linux server has been crashing the same way since the uodate but not so
frequent[maybe 4 times a day] but it does crash on a mapchange when it does
crash.
 can anyone else confirm this or is it just my bad luck , and if it isen't just
me  will there be an update to fix it for us linux users?