I separated my assets on one server yesterday, it took about 40 minutes to
roughly sift through 5 years of content (I remember there are materials
missing from EP2 that were present in EP1 so I have to grab a few). But
yes, it is mostly a pain to prepare at this point. I can only hope this
does improve disk usage. As far as access speed, though, it's going to be
far worse. GMod is a pretty good example of why shared namespaces are a
nightmare.

Thanks,
Kyle.