I have users reporting and I've seen this myself that when they obtain an
item from a trade the information isn't instantly displayed on the screens.
Also it seems that unless the user is pressing the default or selected
button to display the traded item and a follow up trade request is being
sent that the item is then displayed on the screen to all when they select
to trade with the other person.

This sounds rather stupid and I feel stupid for asking (is hard to explain)
since I'm sure it's an issue or something changed with the item server but I
could be wrong and this could be something that is sending/receiving
information from the server itself to the item server upon connection to
steam.

Can someone either verify they have seen this or explain it better so Valve
can look into it?

Thanks