I have kind off missed the entire discussion on SteamPipe.

Will instructions etc. be posted along with the coming update/switch?

Saint K.
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] on behalf of Fletcher Dunn
[fletch...@valvesoftware.com]
Sent: 30 April 2013 21:07
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
(hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com); hlds_annou...@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] TF2 SteamPipe beta update released. Forcing all clients
to convert soon.

We've released an optional update to the TF2 SteamPipe beta.  Here are the
change notes (since the last SteamPipe beta):

Team Fortress 2:
* Fixed network incompatibility causing custom names and descriptions to not
display on client

Source engine:
* Fix sprays trying to load from the wrong directory
* Restored VPK file cache, with tuned size to reduce memory usage and improve
client boot and map load times

This server is compatible with all currently running clients.  (SteamPipe and
non-SteamPipe.)

We expect to flip the switch to force all clients to convert to SteamPipe in a
few hours.  (Approx 2:00 PM Seattle time.)  At this time, the "Steampipe beta"
server which has just been released will become the official server.  There
will not be another update.

If you were waiting for the right time to start flipping your servers to
SteamPipe, now is it.

Thanks,
Fletch