another example of this problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMrrMrkous&feature=youtu.be

W dniu 2013-06-05 01:50, Krzysztof Warzecha pisze:
Hello,

I have here up-to-date hlds server (cs16) with sv_voiceenable 1. On
net_graph I can see choke value raising when players are using voip
(by about 10 points per one speaking player). I was asked to fix this
and honestly I'm out of ideas. I'm not sure yet if choke value here
actually affects game.

This is how it looks like: http://hiciu.org/cs-choke.mkv, and this is
how net_graph 2 looks like when people talk via voip:
http://hiciu.org/cs-choke-netgraph.png (the little white dots above
chart were players speaking).

As far as I understand choke value says how much packets are queued on
server to be send to me (because of sv_maxrate, sv_maxupdaterate and
client settings). I've tried to fiddle with these settings but it
looks like I can only make it worse. Now I have:

sv_maxrate      :    25000, sv
sv_maxupdaterate :      102
sv_minrate      :    10000, sv
sv_minupdaterate :      100
sys_ticrate     :      533

and default settings on client side.

Is there anything I can do to eliminate choke here? Can it affect gameplay?

--
Krzysztof Warzecha