Ads aren't exactly fobidden but faking tags is. I got tired of reporting the shitty servers personally. Sucks that the servers that fake tags get the traffic over our servers but sadly i have better things to do.

-ics

Nick F. kirjoitti:
Will anything be done about the servers that spam ads? Does anyone look at
in game reports anymore?

How this works is that even if you join through quickplay a server can load
ads in the background (without you seeing them). Flash or video ads can
negatively affect FPS and latency.

I see more and more of these popping up now when using quickplay. They tend
to use fakeplayers to fool quickplay into sending them players. Then they
just make a quick buck by constantly loading ads at the expense of players.

Quickplay is what new players use and this is a very bad first experience
when the game doesn't perform as good as it should because it's rendering
ads. Worst still some of these ads play sound in the background while you
are trying to play....