Is anybody having problems with dropped connections trying to use the same
token on multiple instances?  It could exhibit that behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Rudy Bleeker
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 3:04 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] you did well

I can confirm this as well. It's funny, this is what I see when using the
'status' command on one of my servers (a vanilla TF2 server):

steamid : not logged in
account : logged in

So I'm not even assigned an anonymous SteamID, which I suppose is normal when
the server has lost connection to the backend, but the tf2 server account is
still authenticated it seems.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Valentin G. <nextra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep. Can confirm issues with connecting to the steam backend. Item
> server not reachable for most of the post-patch time.
>
> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:50 PM, Ilya Larin <ilya.dem.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also have issues with authentication, but on server side. Almost
>> all my servers (16 of 18) cannot establish connection to Steam
>> servers. VAC can`t become active, no items loadout, no quickplay
>> participating. There is a couple of servers that can authenticate
>> well, but even them sometimes loose this connection. Here is an error
>> message i get:
>> Connection to Steam servers lost.  (Result = 3)

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
  - Floyd Dell