Well, changing the IP address might provide "temporary" relief from a
denial of service attack.  But, if your servers are being specifically
targeted, then sooner or later whoever is doing that is going to notice and
look-up your servers new IP address and start hitting that.

Of course, if its not just your server being attacked but perhaps an entire
block of IP addressed that your server happens to be part of (perhaps
because somebody has a grudge against your hosting provider), then changing
to another IP address from that same hosting provider might not help at all.