Just a quick update:
1) Tried bringing-up CS:S server without "sv_setsteamaccount", and it
worked fine.
2) I double-checked the configuration of my other servers that use
"sv_setsteamaccount".  The login_token was not a duplicate.
3) Checked the login_token to verify it wasn't missing a character or
something simple like that.  Nope, same length as others being used.
4) threw away that previous login_token, created a new login_token and used
that in "sv_setsteamaccount".  Then, the server came-up in secure mode fine.

So, I presume something was just "wrong" that that first login_token for
some reason.