It's probably a technical issue from maybe the player's ISP may have caused
them to not be able to connect to the VAC Servers.
Usually, if your internet connection is poor, you will have players timing out
often, which shouldn't happen so often.
Happened to be me before with my TF2 Servers. There was a Data Center in my
country for an ISP backbone which crippled my country's network tree which
caused many players to time out.
-JasperLee93