I've had this happen multiple times with a Windows client and Linux
dedicated server on my same box for testing.

Had it occur on mvm_example (hardly a high-entity-quantity map) at least
twice. Once of those times was literally moments after the server had
started and changelevel'd to the map.

So I'm reasonably sure this has little or nothing to do with maps in
particular.

Justin (sigsegv)