The Second Book of Shemu'el, starting at chapter 4

    {4:1} When [Ish-Boshet], Sha'ul's son, heard that Aviner was dead
 in Hevron, his hands became feeble, and all the Yisra'elites were
 troubled. {4:2} [Ish-Boshet], Sha'ul's son, [had] two men who were
 captains of bands: the name of the one was Ba`anah, and the name of
 the other Rechav, the sons of Rimmon the Be'erotite, of the children
 of Binyamin (for Be'erot also is reckoned to Binyamin: {4:3} and the
 Be'erotites fled to Gittayim, and have lived as foreigners there until
 this day). {4:4} Now Yonatan, Sha'ul's son, had a son who was lame of
 his feet. He was five years old when the news came of Sha'ul and
 Yonatan out of Yizre`el; and his nurse took him up, and fled: and it
 happened, as she made haste to flee, that he fell, and became lame.
 His name was Mefivoshet. {4:5} The sons of Rimmon the Be'erotite,
 Rechav and Ba`anah, went, and came about the heat of the day to the
 house of Ish-Boshet, as he took his rest at noon. {4:6} They came
 there into the midst of the house, as though they would have fetched
 wheat; and they struck him in the body: and Rechav and Ba`anah his
 brother escaped. {4:7} Now when they came into the house, as he lay on
 his bed in his bedchamber, they struck him, and killed him, and
 beheaded him, and took his head, and went by the way of the `Aravah
 all night. {4:8} They brought the head of Ish-Boshet to David to
 Hevron, and said to the king, Behold, the head of Ish-Boshet, the son
 of Sha'ul, your enemy, who sought your life; and the LORD has avenged
 my lord the king this day of Sha'ul, and of his seed. {4:9} David
 answered Rechav and Ba`anah his brother, the sons of Rimmon the
 Be'erotite, and said to them, As the LORD lives, who has redeemed my
 soul out of all adversity, {4:10} when one told me, saying, Behold,
 Sha'ul is dead, thinking to have brought good news, I took hold of
 him, and killed him in Tziklag, which was the reward I gave him for
 his news. {4:11} How much more, when wicked men have slain a righteous
 person in his own house on his bed, shall I not now require his blood
 of your hand, and take you away from the [1>]eretz[<1]? {4:12} David
 commanded his young men, and they killed them, and cut off their hands
 and their feet, and hanged them up beside the pool in Hevron. But they
 took the head of Ish-Boshet, and buried it in the grave of Aviner in
 Hevron.

   {5:1} Then came all the tribes of Yisra'el to David to Hevron, and
 spoke, saying, Behold, we are your bone and your flesh. {5:2} In times
 past, when Sha'ul was king over us, it was you who led out and brought
 in Yisra'el: and the LORD said to you, You shall be shepherd of my
 people Yisra'el, and you shall be prince over Yisra'el. {5:3} So all
 the Zakenim of Yisra'el came to the king to Hevron; and king David
 made a covenant with them in Hevron before the LORD: and they anointed
 David king over Yisra'el. {5:4} David was thirty years old when he
 began to reign, and he reigned forty years. {5:5} In Hevron he reigned
 over Yehudah seven years and six months; and in Yerushalayim he
 reigned thirty-three years over all Yisra'el and Yehudah. {5:6} The
 king and his men went to Yerushalayim against the Yevusi, the
 inhabitants of the land, who spoke to David, saying, Except you take
 away the blind and the lame, you shall not come in here; thinking,
 David can't come in here. {5:7} Nevertheless David took the stronghold
 of Tziyon; the same is the city of David. {5:8} David said on that
 day, Whoever strikes the Yevusi, let him get up to the watercourse,
 and [strike] the lame and the blind, who are hated of David's soul.
 Therefore they say, There are the blind and the lame; he can't come
 into the house. {5:9} David lived in the stronghold, and called it the
 city of David. David built round about from Millo and inward. {5:10}
 David grew greater and greater; for the LORD, the God
 [1>]Tzva'ot[<1],, was with him. {5:11} Hiram king of Tzor sent
 messengers to David, and cedar trees, and carpenters, and masons; and
 they built David a house. {5:12} David perceived that the LORD had
 established him king over Yisra'el, and that he had exalted his
 kingdom for his people Yisra'el's sake. {5:13} David took him more
 concubines and wives out of Yerushalayim, after he was come from
 Hevron; and there were yet sons and daughters born to David. {5:14}
 These are the names of those who were born to him in Yerushalayim:
 Shammua, and Shovav, and Natan, and Shlomo, {5:15} and Yivchar, and
 Elishua, and Nefeg, and Yafia, {5:16} and Elishama, and Elyada, and
 Elifelet. {5:17} When the Pelishtim heard that they had anointed David
 king over Yisra'el, all the Pelishtim went up to seek David; and David
 heard of it, and went down to the stronghold. {5:18} Now the Pelishtim
 had come and spread themselves in the valley of Refa'im. {5:19} David
 inquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up against the Pelishtim?
 will you deliver them into my hand? the LORD said to David, Go up; for
 I will certainly deliver the Pelishtim into your hand. {5:20} David
 came to Ba`al-Peratzim, and David struck them there; and he said, the
 LORD has broken my enemies before me, like the breach of waters.
 Therefore he called the name of that place Ba`al-Peratzim. {5:21} They
 left their images there; and David and his men took them away. {5:22}
 The Pelishtim came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley
 of Refa'im. {5:23} When David inquired of the LORD, he said, You shall
 not go up: make a circuit behind them, and come on them over against
 the mulberry trees. {5:24} It shall be, when you hear the sound of
 marching in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then you shall bestir
 yourself; for then is the LORD gone out before you to strike the host
 of the Pelishtim. {5:25} David did so, as the LORD commanded him, and
 struck the Pelishtim from Geva until you come to Gezer.

    {6:1} David again gathered together all the chosen men of Yisra'el,
 thirty thousand. {6:2} David arose, and went with all the people who
 were with him, from Ba`ale-Yeudah, to bring up from there the ark of
 God, which is called by the Name, even the name of the LORD of Hosts
 who sits [above] the Keruvim. {6:3} They set the ark of God on a new
 cart, and brought it out of the house of Avinadav that was in the
 hill: and Uzzah and Achyo, the sons of Avinadav, drove the new cart.
 {6:4} They brought it out of the house of Avinadav, which was in the
 hill, with the ark of God: and Achyo went before the ark. {6:5} David
 and all the house of Yisra'el played before the LORD with all manner
 of [instruments made of] fir-wood, and with harps, and with
 psalteries, and with timbrels, and with castanets, and with cymbals.
 {6:6} When they came to the threshing floor of Nakhon, Uzzah put forth
 [his hand] to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen
 stumbled. {6:7} The anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and
 God struck him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of
 God. {6:8} David was displeased, because the LORD had broken forth on
 Uzzah; and he called that place Peretz-Uzzah, to this day. {6:9} David
 was afraid of the LORD that day; and he said, How shall the ark of the
 LORD come to me? {6:10} So David would not remove the ark of the LORD
 to him into the city of David; but David carried it aside into the
 house of Obed-edom the Gittite. {6:11} The ark of the LORD remained in
 the house of Obed-edom the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed
 Obed-edom, and all his house. {6:12} It was told king David, saying,
 the LORD has blessed the house of Obed-edom, and all that pertains to
 him, because of the ark of God. David went and brought up the ark of
 God from the house of Obed-edom into the city of David with joy.
 {6:13} It was so, that, when those who bore the ark of the LORD had
 gone six paces, he sacrificed an ox and a fattened calf. {6:14} David
 danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a
 linen efod. {6:15} So David and all the house of Yisra'el brought up
 the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the
 [1>]shofar[<1]. {6:16} It was so, as the ark of the LORD came into the
 city of David, that Mikhal the daughter of Sha'ul looked out at the
 window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and
 she despised him in her heart. {6:17} They brought in the ark of the
 LORD, and set it in its place, in the midst of the tent that David had
 pitched for it; and David offered burnt offerings and peace-offerings
 before the LORD. {6:18} When David had made an end of offering the
 burnt offering and the peace-offerings, he blessed the people in the
 name of the LORD of Hosts. {6:19} He dealt among all the people, even
 among the whole multitude of Yisra'el, both to men and women, to
 everyone a cake of bread, and a portion [of flesh], and a cake of
 raisins. So all the people departed everyone to his house. {6:20} Then
 David returned to bless his household. Mikhal the daughter of Sha'ul
 came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of
 Yisra'el today, who uncovered himself today in the eyes of the
 handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly
 uncovers himself! {6:21} David said to Mikhal, [It was] before the
 LORD, who chose me above your father, and above all his house, to
 appoint me prince over the people of the LORD, over Yisra'el:
 therefore will I play before the LORD. {6:22} I will be yet more vile
 than this, and will be base in my own sight: but of the handmaids of
 whom you have spoken, they shall honor me. {6:23} Mikhal the daughter
 of Sha'ul had no child to the day of her death.

Footnotes:
[1] {4:11} earth

[1] {5:10} of hosts or of armies

[1] {6:15} trumpet