The Second Book of Shemu'el, starting at chapter 7

    {7:1} It happened, when the king lived in his house, and the LORD
 had given him rest from all his enemies round about, {7:2} that the
 king said to Natan the prophet, See now, I dwell in a house of cedar,
 but the ark of God dwells within curtains. {7:3} Natan said to the
 king, Go, do all that is in your heart; for the LORD is with you.
 {7:4} It happened the same night, that the word of the LORD came to
 Natan, saying, {7:5} Go and tell my servant David, Thus says the LORD,
 Shall you build me a house for me to dwell in? {7:6} for I have not
 lived in a house since the day that I brought up the children of
 Yisra'el out of Mitzrayim, even to this day, but have walked in a tent
 and in a tent. {7:7} In all places in which I have walked with all the
 children of Yisra'el, spoke I a word with any of the tribes of
 Yisra'el, whom I commanded to be shepherd of my people Yisra'el,
 saying, Why have you not built me a house of cedar? {7:8} Now
 therefore thus shall you tell my servant David, Thus says the LORD of
 Hosts, I took you from the sheep pen, from following the sheep, that
 you should be prince over my people, over Yisra'el; {7:9} and I have
 been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies
 from before you; and I will make you a great name, like the name of
 the great ones who are in the [1>]eretz[<1]. {7:10} I will appoint a
 place for my people Yisra'el, and will plant them, that they may dwell
 in their own place, and be moved no more; neither shall the children
 of wickedness afflict them any more, as at the first, {7:11} and [as]
 from the day that I commanded judges to be over my people Yisra'el;
 and I will cause you to rest from all your enemies. Moreover the LORD
 tells you that the LORD will make you a house. {7:12} When your days
 are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up
 your seed after you, who shall proceed out of your bowels, and I will
 establish his kingdom. {7:13} He shall build a house for my name, and
 I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. {7:14} I will be
 his father, and he shall be my son: if he commit iniquity, I will
 chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children
 of men; {7:15} but my loving kindness shall not depart from him, as I
 took it from Sha'ul, whom I put away before you. {7:16} Your house and
 your kingdom shall be made sure for ever before you: your throne shall
 be established forever. {7:17} According to all these words, and
 according to all this vision, so did Natan speak to David. {7:18} Then
 David the king went in, and sat before the LORD; and he said, Who am
 I, Lord GOD, and what is my house, that you have brought me thus far?
 {7:19} This was yet a small thing in your eyes, Lord GOD; but you have
 spoken also of your servant's house for a great while to come; and
 this [too] after the manner of men, Lord GOD! {7:20} What can David
 say more to you? for you know your servant, Lord GOD. {7:21} For your
 word's sake, and according to your own heart, have you worked all this
 greatness, to make your servant know it. {7:22} Therefore you are
 great, LORD God: for there is none like you, neither is there any God
 besides you, according to all that we have heard with our ears. {7:23}
 What one nation in the [2>]eretz[<2] is like your people, even like
 Yisra'el, whom God went to redeem to himself for a people, and to make
 him a name, and to do great things for you, and awesome things for
 your land, before your people, whom you redeem to you out of
 Mitzrayim, [from] the nations and their gods? {7:24} You did establish
 to yourself your people Yisra'el to be a people to you forever; and
 you, LORD, became their God. {7:25} Now, LORD God, the word that you
 have spoken concerning your servant, and concerning his house, confirm
 you it forever, and do as you have spoken. {7:26} Let your name be
 magnified forever, saying, the LORD of hosts is God over Yisra'el; and
 the house of your servant David shall be established before you.
 {7:27} For you, LORD of Hosts, the God of Yisra'el, have revealed to
 your servant, saying, I will build you a house: therefore has your
 servant found in his heart to pray this prayer to you. {7:28} Now, O
 Lord GOD, you are God, and your words are truth, and you have promised
 this good thing to your servant: {7:29} now therefore let it please
 you to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever
 before you; for you, Lord GOD, have spoken it: and with your blessing
 let the house of your servant be blessed forever.

    {8:1} After this it happened that David struck the Pelishtim, and
 subdued them: and David took the bridle of the mother city out of the
 hand of the Pelishtim. {8:2} He struck Mo'av, and measured them with
 the line, making them to lie down on the ground; and he measured two
 lines to put to death, and one full line to keep alive. The Mo`avim
 became servants to David, and brought tribute. {8:3} David struck also
 Hadad`ezer the son of Rechov, king of Tzovah, as he went to recover
 his dominion at the River. {8:4} David took from him one thousand
 seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David
 hamstrung all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for one hundred
 chariots. {8:5} When the Aram of Dammesek came to help Hadad`ezer king
 of Tzovah, David struck of the Aram two and twenty thousand men. {8:6}
 Then David put garrisons in Aram of Dammesek; and the Aram became
 servants to David, and brought tribute. The LORD gave victory to David
 wherever he went. {8:7} David took the shields of gold that were on
 the servants of Hadad`ezer, and brought them to Yerushalayim. {8:8}
 From Betach and from Berotai, cities of Hadad`ezer, king David took
 exceeding much brass. {8:9} When To`i king of Hamat heard that David
 had struck all the host of Hadad`ezer, {8:10} then To`i sent Yoram his
 son to king David, to Greet him, and to bless him, because he had
 fought against Hadad`ezer and struck him: for Hadad`ezer had wars with
 To`i. [Yoram] brought with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold,
 and vessels of brass: {8:11} These also did king David dedicate to the
 LORD, with the silver and gold that he dedicated of all the nations
 which he subdued; {8:12} of Aram, and of Mo'av, and of the children of
 `Ammon, and of the Pelishtim, and of `Amalek, and of the spoil of
 Hadad`ezer, son of Rechov, king of Tzovah. {8:13} David got him a name
 when he returned from smiting the Aram in the Valley of Salt, even
 eighteen thousand men. {8:14} He put garrisons in Edom; throughout all
 Edom put he garrisons, and all the Edom became servants to David. The
 LORD gave victory to David wherever he went. {8:15} David reigned over
 all Yisra'el; and David executed justice and righteousness to all his
 people. {8:16} Yo'av the son of Tzeru'yah was over the host; and
 Yehoshafat the son of Achilud was recorder; {8:17} and Tzadok the son
 of Achituv, and Achimelekh the son of Avyatar, were [1>]Kohanim[<1];
 and Serayah was [2>]Sofer[<2]; {8:18} and Benayah the son of Yehoiada
 [was over] the Kereti and the Peleti; and David's sons were chief
 ministers.

    {9:1} David said, Is there yet any who is left of the house of
 Sha'ul, that I may show him kindness for Yonatan's sake? {9:2} There
 was of the house of Sha'ul a servant whose name was Tziva, and they
 called him to David; and the king said to him, Are you Tziva? He said,
 Your servant is he. {9:3} The king said, Is there not yet any of the
 house of Sha'ul, that I may show the kindness of God to him? Tziva
 said to the king, Yonatan has yet a son, who is lame of his feet.
 {9:4} The king said to him, Where is he? Tziva said to the king,
 Behold, he is in the house of Makhir the son of `Ammi'el, in Lo-Devar.
 {9:5} Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Makhir
 the son of `Ammi'el, from Lo-Devar. {9:6} Mefivoshet, the son of
 Yonatan, the son of Sha'ul, came to David, and fell on his face, and
 did obeisance. David said, Mefivoshet. He answered, Behold, your
 servant! {9:7} David said to him, "Don't be afraid of him; for I will
 surely show you kindness for Yonatan your father's sake, and will
 restore you all the land of Sha'ul your father; and you shall eat
 bread at my table continually." {9:8} He did obeisance, and said,
 "What is your servant, that you should look on such a dead dog as I
 am?" {9:9} Then the king called to Tziva, Sha'ul's servant, and said
 to him, "All that pertained to Sha'ul and to all his house have I
 given to your master's son. {9:10} You shall till the land for him,
 you, and your sons, and your servants; and you shall bring in [the
 fruits], that your master's son may have bread to eat: but Mefivoshet
 your master's son shall eat bread always at my table." Now Tziva had
 fifteen sons and twenty servants. {9:11} Then said Tziva to the king,
 According to all that my lord the king commands his servant, so shall
 your servant do. As for Mefivoshet, [said the king], he shall eat at
 my table, as one of the king's sons. {9:12} Mefivoshet had a young
 son, whose name was Mikha. All that lived in the house of Tziva were
 servants to Mefivoshet. {9:13} So Mefivoshet lived in Yerushalayim;
 for he ate continually at the king's table. He was lame in both his
 feet.

Footnotes:
[1] {7:9} earth

[2] {7:23} earth