The Second Book Melakhim, starting at chapter 19

   {19:1} It happened, when king Chizkiyahu heard it, that he tore his
 clothes, and covered himself with sackcloth, and went into the house
 of the LORD. {19:2} He sent Elyakim, who was over the household, and
 Shevna the scribe, and the elders of the [1>]kohanim[<1], covered with
 sackcloth, to Yeshaiyahu the prophet the son of Amotz. {19:3} They
 said to him, Thus says Chizkiyahu, This day is a day of trouble, and
 of rebuke, and of rejection; for the children are come to the birth,
 and there is not strength to bring forth. {19:4} It may be the LORD
 your God will hear all the words of Ravshakeh, whom the king of Ashur
 his master has sent to defy the living God, and will rebuke the words
 which the LORD your God has heard. Therefore lift up your prayer for
 the remnant that is left. {19:5} So the servants of king Chizkiyahu
 came to Yeshaiyahu. {19:6} Yeshaiyahu said to them, Thus shall you
 tell your master, Thus says the LORD, Don't be afraid of the words
 that you have heard, with which the servants of the king of Ashur have
 blasphemed me. {19:7} Behold, I will put a spirit in him, and he shall
 hear news, and shall return to his own land; and I will cause him to
 fall by the sword in his own land. {19:8} So Ravshakeh returned, and
 found the king of Ashur warring against Livna; for he had heard that
 he was departed from Lakhish. {19:9} When he heard say of Tirhakah
 king of Kush, Behold, he is come out to fight against you, he sent
 messengers again to Chizkiyahu, saying, {19:10} Thus shall you speak
 to Chizkiyahu king of Yehudah, saying, Don't let your God in whom you
 trust deceive you, saying, Yerushalayim shall not be given into the
 hand of the king of Ashur. {19:11} Behold, you have heard what the
 kings of Ashur have done to all lands, by destroying them utterly: and
 shall you be delivered? {19:12} Have the gods of the nations delivered
 them, which my fathers have destroyed, Gozan, and Charan, and Retzef,
 and the children of `Eden that were in Telassar? {19:13} Where is the
 king of Chamat, and the king of Arpad, and the king of the city of
 Sefarvayim, of Hena, and `Ivvah? {19:14} Chizkiyahu received the
 letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it; and Chizkiyahu
 went up to the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
 {19:15} Chizkiyahu prayed before the LORD, and said, LORD, the God of
 Yisra'el, who sit [above] the Keruvim, you are the God, even you
 alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; you have made heaven and
 earth. {19:16} Incline your ear, LORD, and hear; open your eyes, LORD,
 and see; and hear the words of Sancheriv, with which he has sent him
 to defy the living God. {19:17} Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Ashur
 have laid waste the nations and their lands, {19:18} and have cast
 their gods into the fire; for they were no gods, but the work of men's
 hands, wood and stone; therefore they have destroyed them. {19:19} Now
 therefore, LORD our God, save you us, I beg you, out of his hand, that
 all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you LORD are God alone.
 {19:20} Then Yeshaiyahu the son of Amotz sent to Chizkiyahu, saying,
 Thus says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, Whereas you have prayed to me
 against Sancheriv king of Ashur, I have heard [you]. {19:21} This is
 the word that the LORD has spoken concerning him: The virgin daughter
 of Tziyon has despised you and ridiculed you; the daughter of
 Yerushalayim has shaken her head at you. {19:22} Whom have you defied
 and blasphemed? and against whom have you exalted your voice and
 lifted up your eyes on high? [even] against the Holy One of Yisra'el.
 {19:23} By your messengers you have defied the Lord, and have said,
 With the multitude of my chariots am I come up to the height of the
 mountains, to the innermost parts of Levanon; and I will cut down the
 tall cedars of it, and the choice fir trees of it; and I will enter
 into his farthest lodging-place, the forest of his fruitful field.
 {19:24} I have dug and drunk strange waters, and with the sole of my
 feet will I dry up all the rivers of Egypt. {19:25} Haven't you heard
 how I have done it long ago, and formed it of ancient times? now have
 I brought it to pass, that it should be yours to lay waste fortified
 cities into ruinous heaps. {19:26} Therefore their inhabitants were of
 small power, they were dismayed and confounded; they were as the grass
 of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the housetops,
 and as grain blasted before it is grown up. {19:27} But I know your
 sitting down, and your going out, and your coming in, and your raging
 against me. {19:28} Because of your raging against me, and because
 your arrogance is come up into my ears, therefore will I put my hook
 in your nose, and my bridle in your lips, and I will turn you back by
 the way by which you came. {19:29} This shall be the sign to you: You
 shall eat this year that which grows of itself, and in the second year
 that which springs of the same; and in the third year sow you, and
 reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of it. {19:30} The
 remnant that has escaped of the house of Yehudah shall again take root
 downward, and bear fruit upward. {19:31} For out of Yerushalayim shall
 go forth a remnant, and out of Mount Tziyon those who shall escape:
 the zeal of the LORD shall perform this. {19:32} Therefore thus says
 the LORD concerning the king of Ashur, He shall not come to this city,
 nor shoot an arrow there, neither shall he come before it with shield,
 nor cast up a mound against it. {19:33} By the way that he came, by
 the same shall he return, and he shall not come to this city, says the
 LORD. {19:34} For I will defend this city to save it, for my own sake,
 and for my servant David's sake. {19:35} It happened that night, that
 the angel of the LORD went forth, and struck in the camp of the Ashur
 one hundred eighty-five thousand: and when men arose early in the
 morning, behold, these were all dead bodies. {19:36} So Sancheriv king
 of Ashur departed, and went and returned, and lived at Nineveh.
 {19:37} It happened, as he was worshipping in the house of Nisrokh his
 god, that Adrammelekh and Sar'etzer struck him with the sword: and
 they escaped into the land of Ararat. Esar-Chaddon his son reigned in
 his place.

   {20:1} In those days was Chizkiyahu sick to death. Yeshaiyahu the
 prophet the son of Amotz came to him, and said to him, Thus says the
 LORD, Set your house in order: for you shall die, and not live. {20:2}
 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed to the LORD, saying,
 {20:3} Remember now, LORD, I beg you, how I have walked before you in
 truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in
 your sight. Chizkiyahu wept sore. {20:4} It happened, before
 Yeshaiyahu was gone out into the middle part of the city, that the
 word of the LORD came to him, saying, {20:5} Turn back, and tell
 Chizkiyahu the prince of my people, Thus says the LORD, the God of
 David your father, I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears:
 behold, I will heal you; on the third day you shall go up to the house
 of the LORD. {20:6} I will add to your days fifteen years; and I will
 deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Ashur; and I
 will defend this city for my own sake, and for my servant David's
 sake. {20:7} Yeshaiyahu said, Take a cake of figs. They took and laid
 it on the boil, and he recovered. {20:8} Chizkiyahu said to
 Yeshaiyahu, What shall be the sign that the LORD will heal me, and
 that I shall go up to the house of the LORD the third day? {20:9}
 Yeshaiyahu said, This shall be the sign to you from the LORD, that the
 LORD will do the thing that he has spoken: shall the shadow go forward
 ten steps, or go back ten steps? {20:10} Chizkiyahu answered, It is a
 light thing for the shadow to decline ten steps: nay, but let the
 shadow return backward ten steps. {20:11} Yeshaiyahu the prophet cried
 to the LORD; and he brought the shadow ten steps backward, by which it
 had gone down on the dial of Achaz. {20:12} At that time
 Berodakh-Bal'adan the son of Bal'adan, king of Bavel, sent letters and
 a present to Chizkiyahu; for he had heard that Chizkiyahu had been
 sick. {20:13} Chizkiyahu listened to them, and shown them all the
 house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the
 spices, and the precious oil, and the house of his armor, and all that
 was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all
 his dominion, that Chizkiyahu didn't show them. {20:14} Then came
 Yeshaiyahu the prophet to king Chizkiyahu, and said to him, What said
 these men? and from whence came they to you? Chizkiyahu said, They are
 come from a far country, even from Bavel. {20:15} He said, What have
 they seen in your house? Chizkiyahu answered, All that is in my house
 have they seen: there is nothing among my treasures that I have not
 shown them. {20:16} Yeshaiyahu said to Chizkiyahu, Hear the word of
 the LORD. {20:17} Behold, the days come, that all that is in your
 house, and that which your fathers have laid up in store to this day,
 shall be carried to Bavel: nothing shall be left, says the LORD.
 {20:18} Of your sons who shall issue from you, whom you shall father,
 shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the
 king of Bavel. {20:19} Then said Chizkiyahu to Yeshaiyahu, Good is the
 word of the LORD which you have spoken. He said moreover, Isn't it so,
 if shalom and truth shall be in my days? {20:20} Now the rest of the
 acts of Chizkiyahu, and all his might, and how he made the pool, and
 the conduit, and brought water into the city, aren't they written in
 the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? {20:21} Chizkiyahu
 slept with his fathers; and Menasheh his son reigned in his place.

   {21:1} Menasheh was twelve years old when he began to reign; and he
 reigned fifty-five years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was
 Cheftzi-Bah. {21:2} He did that which was evil in the sight of the
 LORD, after the abominations of the nations whom the LORD cast out
 before the children of Yisra'el. {21:3} For he built again the high
 places which Chizkiyahu his father had destroyed; and he reared up
 altars for Ba`al, and made an Asherah, as did Ach'av king of Yisra'el,
 and worshiped all the army of the sky, and served them. {21:4} He
 built altars in the house of the LORD, of which the LORD said, In
 Yerushalayim will I put my name. {21:5} He built altars for all the
 army of the sky in the two courts of the house of the LORD. {21:6} He
 made his son to pass through the fire, and practiced sorcery, and used
 enchantments, and dealt with those who had familiar spirits, and with
 wizards: he worked much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him
 to anger. {21:7} He set the engraved image of Asherah, that he had
 made, in the house of which the LORD said to David and to Shlomo his
 son, In this house, and in Yerushalayim, which I have chosen out of
 all the tribes of Yisra'el, will I put my name forever; {21:8} neither
 will I cause the feet of Yisra'el to wander any more out of the land
 which I gave their fathers, if only they will observe to do according
 to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that
 my servant Moshe commanded them. {21:9} But they didn't listen: and
 Menasheh seduced them to do that which is evil more than did the
 nations whom the LORD destroyed before the children of Yisra'el.
 {21:10} The LORD spoke by his servants the prophets, saying, {21:11}
 Because Menasheh king of Yehudah has done these abominations, and has
 done wickedly above all that the Amori did, who were before him, and
 has made Yehudah also to sin with his idols; {21:12} therefore thus
 says the LORD, the God of Yisra'el, Behold, I bring such evil on
 Yerushalayim and Yehudah, that whoever hears of it, both his ears
 shall tingle. {21:13} I will stretch over Yerushalayim the line of
 Shomron, and the plummet of the house of Ach'av; and I will wipe
 Yerushalayim as a man wipes a dish, wiping it and turning it upside
 down. {21:14} I will cast off the remnant of my inheritance, and
 deliver them into the hand of their enemies; and they shall become a
 prey and a spoil to all their enemies; {21:15} because they have done
 that which is evil in my sight, and have provoked me to anger, since
 the day their fathers came forth out of Egypt, even to this day.
 {21:16} Moreover Menasheh shed innocent blood very much, until he had
 filled Yerushalayim from one end to another; besides his sin with
 which he made Yehudah to sin, in doing that which was evil in the
 sight of the LORD. {21:17} Now the rest of the acts of Menasheh, and
 all that he did, and his sin that he sinned, aren't they written in
 the book of the chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? {21:18} Menasheh
 slept with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house,
 in the garden of Uzza: and Amon his son reigned in his place. {21:19}
 Amon was twenty-two years old when he began to reign; and he reigned
 two years in Yerushalayim: and his mother's name was Meshullemet the
 daughter of Charutz of Yotvah. {21:20} He did that which was evil in
 the sight of the LORD, as did Menasheh his father. {21:21} He walked
 in all the way that his father walked in, and served the idols that
 his father served, and worshiped them: {21:22} and he forsook the
 LORD, the God of his fathers, and didn't walk in the way of the LORD.
 {21:23} The servants of Amon conspired against him, and put the king
 to death in his own house. {21:24} But the people of the land killed
 all those who had conspired against king Amon; and the people of the
 land made Yoshiyahu his son king in his place. {21:25} Now the rest of
 the acts of Amon which he did, aren't they written in the book of the
 chronicles of the kings of Yehudah? {21:26} He was buried in his tomb
 in the garden of Uzza: and Yoshiyahu his son reigned in his place.

Footnotes:
[1] {19:2} priests

 marked "HNV project" and payable to:

 Rainbow Missions
 PO BOX 275
 MESA CO 81643-0275

 To donate on line, please go to
 https:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 and make a payment to [EMAIL PROTECTED] In the comment field,
 please indicate that this is a donation for the HNV project, and
 make sure that [EMAIL PROTECTED] is spelled correctly.

 Any donations received in excess of the actual costs of this service
 will be used to help fund Scripture translation and distribution.

 To cancel your free email subscription, please send
 email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
 unsubscribe hnv
 in the body of the message OR go to http://ebible.org/subscribe.htm