The Psalms, starting at chapter 61

Psalm 61

 For the Chief Musician. For a stringed instrument. By David.

 {61:1} Hear my cry, God.
   Listen to my prayer.
 {61:2} From the end of the earth, I will call to you, when my heart is
        overwhelmed.
   Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
 {61:3} For you have been a refuge for me,
   a strong tower from the enemy.
 {61:4} I will dwell in your tent forever.
   I will take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
 Selah.
 {61:5} For you, God, have heard my vows.
   You have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
 {61:6} You will prolong the king's life;
   his years shall be for generations.
 {61:7} He shall be enthroned in God's presence forever.
   Appoint your loving kindness and truth, that they may preserve him.
 {61:8} So I will sing praise to your name forever,
   that I may fulfill my vows daily.

Psalm 62

 For the Chief Musician. To Jeduthan. A Psalm by David.

 {62:1} My soul rests in God alone.
   My salvation [yeshuah-ti] is from him.
 {62:2} He alone is my rock and my salvation [yeshuah-ti], my fortress--
   I will never be greatly shaken.
 {62:3} How long will you assault a man,
   would all of you throw him down,
   Like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
 {62:4} They fully intend to throw him down from his lofty place.
   They delight in lies.
   They bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly.
 Selah.
 {62:5} My soul, wait in silence for God alone,
   for my expectation is from him.
 {62:6} He alone is my rock and my salvation [yeshuah-ti], my fortress.
   I will not be shaken.
 {62:7} With God is my salvation and my honor.
   The rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
 {62:8} Trust in him at all times, you people.
   Pour out your heart before him.
   God is a refuge for us.
 Selah.
 {62:9} Surely men of low degree are just a breath,
   and men of high degree are a lie.
 In the balances they will go up.
   They are together lighter than a breath.
 {62:10} Don't trust in oppression.
   Don't become vain in robbery.
 If riches increase,
   don't set your heart on them.
 {62:11} God has spoken once;
   twice I have heard this,
   that power belongs to God.
 {62:12} Also to you, Lord, belongs loving kindness,
   for you reward every man according to his work.

Psalm 63

 A Psalm by David, when he was in the desert of Judah.

 {63:1} God, you are my God.
   I will earnestly seek you.
 My soul thirsts for you.
   My flesh longs for you,
   in a dry and weary land, where there is no water.
 {63:2} So I have seen you in the sanctuary,
   watching your power and your glory.
 {63:3} Because your loving kindness is better than life,
   my lips shall praise you.
 {63:4} So I will bless you while I live.
   I will lift up my hands in your name.
 {63:5} My soul shall be satisfied as with the richest food.
   My mouth shall praise you with joyful lips,
   {63:6} when I remember you on my bed,
   and think about you in the night watches.
 {63:7} For you have been my help.
   I will rejoice in the shadow of your wings.
 {63:8} My soul stays close to you.
   Your right hand holds me up.
 {63:9} But those who seek my soul, to destroy it,
   shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
 {63:10} They shall be given over to the power of the sword.
   They shall be jackal food.
 {63:11} But the king shall rejoice in God.
   Everyone who swears by him will praise him,
   for the mouth of those who speak lies shall be silenced.

___

 This Bible reading mailing list and web site are paid for by donations
 marked "HNV project" and payable to:

 Rainbow Missions
 PO BOX 275
 MESA CO 81643-0275

 To cancel your free email subscription, please send
 email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
 unsubscribe hnv
 in the body of the message OR go to http://ebible.org/subscribe.htm