The Second Book of Chronicles, starting at chapter 7

   {7:1} Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came
 down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices;
 and the glory of the LORD filled the house. {7:2} The priests could
 not enter into the house of the LORD, because the glory of the LORD
 filled the LORD's house. {7:3} All the children of Israel looked on,
 when the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD was on the house;
 and they bowed themselves with their faces to the ground on the
 pavement, and worshiped, and gave thanks to the LORD, saying,
 "For he is good;
   for his loving kindness endures for ever."
   {7:4} Then the king and all the people offered sacrifice before the
 LORD. {7:5} King Solomon offered a sacrifice of twenty-two thousand
 head of cattle, and a hundred and twenty thousand sheep. So the king
 and all the people dedicated the house of God. {7:6} The priests
 stood, according to their positions; the Levites also with instruments
 of music of the LORD, which David the king had made to give thanks to
 the LORD, when David praised by their ministry, saying "For his loving
 kindness endures for ever." The priests sounded [1>]shofars[<1] before
 them; and all Israel stood.

   {7:7} Moreover Solomon made the middle of the court holy that was
 before the house of the LORD; for there he offered the burnt
 offerings, and the fat of the peace offerings, because the bronze
 altar which Solomon had made was not able to receive the burnt
 offering, and the meal offering, and the fat. {7:8} So Solomon held
 the feast at that time seven days, and all Israel with him, a very
 great assembly, from the entrance of Hamath to the brook of Egypt.
 {7:9} On the eighth day they held a solemn assembly: for they kept the
 dedication of the altar seven days, and the feast seven days. {7:10}
 On the three and twentieth day of the seventh month he sent the people
 away to their tents, joyful and glad of heart for the goodness that
 the LORD had shown to David, and to Solomon, and to Israel his people.
 {7:11} Thus Solomon finished the house of the LORD, and the king's
 house: and he successfully completed all that came into Solomon's
 heart to make in the house of the LORD, and in his own house.

   {7:12} The LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him, "I
 have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for a
 house of sacrifice.

   {7:13} "If I shut up the sky so that there is no rain, or if I
 command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among
 my people; {7:14} if my people, who are called by my name, shall
 humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their
 wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin,
 and will heal their land. {7:15} Now my eyes shall be open, and my
 ears attentive, to the prayer that is made in this place. {7:16} For
 now have I chosen and made this house holy, that my name may be there
 forever; and my eyes and my heart shall be there perpetually.

   {7:17} "As for you, if you will walk before me as David your father
 walked, and do according to all that I have commanded you, and will
 keep my statutes and my ordinances; {7:18} then I will establish the
 throne of your kingdom, according as I covenanted with David your
 father, saying, 'There shall not fail you a man to be ruler in
 Israel.' {7:19} But if you turn away, and forsake my statutes and my
 commandments which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other
 gods, and worship them; {7:20} then I will pluck them up by the roots
 out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have
 made holy for my name, I will cast out of my sight, and I will make it
 a proverb and a byword among all peoples. {7:21} This house, which is
 so high, everyone who passes by it shall be astonished, and shall say,
 'Why has the LORD done thus to this land, and to this house?' {7:22}
 They shall answer, 'Because they abandoned the LORD, the God of their
 fathers, who brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and took
 other gods, worshiped them, and served them. Therefore he has brought
 all this evil on them.'"

   {8:1} It happened at the end of twenty years, in which Solomon had
 built the house of the LORD, and his own house, {8:2} that the cities
 which Huram had given to Solomon, Solomon built them, and caused the
 children of Israel to dwell there. {8:3} Solomon went to Hamath Zobah,
 and prevailed against it. {8:4} He built Tadmor in the wilderness, and
 all the storage cities, which he built in Hamath. {8:5} Also he built
 Beth Horon the upper, and Beth Horon the lower, fortified cities, with
 walls, gates, and bars; {8:6} and Baalath, and all the storage cities
 that Solomon had, and all the cities for his chariots, and the cities
 for his horsemen, and all that Solomon desired to build for his
 pleasure in Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his
 dominion. {8:7} As for all the people who were left of the Hittites,
 and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the
 Jebusites, who were not of Israel; {8:8} of their children who were
 left after them in the land, whom the children of Israel didn't
 consume, of them Solomon conscripted forced labor to this day. {8:9}
 But of the children of Israel, Solomon made no servants for his work;
 but they were men of war, and chief of his captains, and rulers of his
 chariots and of his horsemen. {8:10} These were the chief officers of
 king Solomon, even two-hundred fifty, who ruled over the people.

   {8:11} Solomon brought up the daughter of Pharaoh out of the city of
 David to the house that he had built for her; for he said, "My wife
 shall not dwell in the house of David king of Israel, because the
 places where the ark of the LORD has come are holy."

   {8:12} Then Solomon offered burnt offerings to the LORD on the altar
 of the LORD, which he had built before the porch, {8:13} even as the
 duty of every day required, offering according to the commandment of
 Moses, on the Sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the set feasts,
 three times in the year, in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the
 feast of weeks, and in the feast of booths. {8:14} He appointed,
 according to the ordinance of David his father, the divisions of the
 priests to their service, and the Levites to their offices, to praise,
 and to minister before the priests, as the duty of every day required;
 the doorkeepers also by their divisions at every gate: for so had
 David the man of God commanded. {8:15} They didn't depart from the
 commandment of the king to the priests and Levites concerning any
 matter, or concerning the treasures. {8:16} Now all the work of
 Solomon was prepared to the day of the foundation of the house of the
 LORD, and until it was finished. So the house of the LORD was
 completed. {8:17} Then went Solomon to Ezion Geber, and to Eloth, on
 the seashore in the land of Edom. {8:18} Huram sent him ships and
 servants who had knowledge of the sea by the hands of his servants;
 and they came with the servants of Solomon to Ophir, and fetched from
 there four hundred fifty talents of gold, and brought them to king
 Solomon.

   {9:1} When the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon, she came
 to prove Solomon with hard questions at Jerusalem, with a very great
 train, and camels that bore spices, and gold in abundance, and
 precious stones: and when she had come to Solomon, she talked with him
 of all that was in her heart. {9:2} Solomon told her all her
 questions; and there was not anything hidden from Solomon which he
 didn't tell her. {9:3} When the queen of Sheba had seen the wisdom of
 Solomon, and the house that he had built, {9:4} and the food of his
 table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his
 ministers, and their clothing, his cup bearers also, and their
 clothing, and his ascent by which he went up to the house of the LORD;
 there was no more spirit in her.

   {9:5} She said to the king, "It was a true report that I heard in my
 own land of your acts, and of your wisdom. {9:6} However I didn't
 believe their words, until I came, and my eyes had seen it; and
 behold, the half of the greatness of your wisdom was not told me: you
 exceed the fame that I heard. {9:7} Happy are your men, and happy are
 these your servants, who stand continually before you, and hear your
 wisdom. {9:8} Blessed be the LORD your God, who delighted in you, to
 set you on his throne, to be king for the LORD your God: because your
 God loved Israel, to establish them forever, therefore made he you
 king over them, to do justice and righteousness."

   {9:9} She gave the king one hundred and twenty talents of gold, and
 spices in great abundance, and precious stones: neither was there any
 such spice as the queen of Sheba gave to king Solomon. {9:10} The
 servants also of Huram, and the servants of Solomon, who brought gold
 from Ophir, brought algum trees and precious stones. {9:11} The king
 made of the algum trees terraces for the house of the LORD, and for
 the king's house, and harps and stringed instruments for the singers:
 and there were none like these seen before in the land of Judah.
 {9:12} King Solomon gave to the queen of Sheba all her desire,
 whatever she asked, besides that which she had brought to the king. So
 she turned, and went to her own land, she and her servants. {9:13} Now
 the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred
 and sixty-six talents of gold, {9:14} besides that which the traders
 and merchants brought: and all the kings of Arabia and the governors
 of the country brought gold and silver to Solomon. {9:15} King Solomon
 made two hundred bucklers of beaten gold; six hundred shekels of
 beaten gold went to one buckler. {9:16} He made three hundred shields
 of beaten gold; three hundred shekels of gold went to one shield: and
 the king put them in the house of the forest of Lebanon. {9:17}
 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with
 pure gold. {9:18} And there were six steps to the throne, with a
 footstool of gold, which were fastened to the throne, and stays on
 either side by the place of the seat, and two lions standing beside
 the stays. {9:19} Twelve lions stood there on the one side and on the
 other on the six steps: there was nothing like it made in any kingdom.
 {9:20} All king Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold, and all the
 vessels of the house of the forest of Lebanon were of pure gold:
 silver was nothing accounted of in the days of Solomon. {9:21} For the
 king had ships that went to Tarshish with the servants of Huram; once
 every three years came the ships of Tarshish, bringing gold, and
 silver, ivory, and apes, and peacocks. {9:22} So king Solomon exceeded
 all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom. {9:23} All the kings
 of the earth sought the presence of Solomon, to hear his wisdom, which
 God had put in his heart. {9:24} They brought every man his tribute,
 vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and clothing, armor, and
 spices, horses, and mules, a rate year by year. {9:25} Solomon had
 four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand
 horsemen, that he stationed in the chariot cities, and with the king
 at Jerusalem. {9:26} He ruled over all the kings from the River even
 to the land of the Philistines, and to the border of Egypt. {9:27} The
 king made silver to be in Jerusalem as stones, and he made cedars to
 be as the sycamore trees that are in the lowland, for abundance.
 {9:28} They brought horses for Solomon out of Egypt, and out of all
 lands. {9:29} Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last,
 aren't they written in the history of Nathan the prophet, and in the
 prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer
 concerning Jeroboam the son of Nebat? {9:30} Solomon reigned in
 Jerusalem over all Israel forty years. {9:31} Solomon slept with his
 fathers, and he was buried in the city of David his father: and
 Rehoboam his son reigned in his place.

Footnotes:
[1] {7:6} or, trumpets

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.