The Good News According to Yochanan, Chapter 17

   {17:1} Yeshua said these things, and lifting up his eyes to heaven,
 he said, "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son
 may also glorify you; {17:2} even as you gave him authority over all
 flesh, he will give eternal life to all whom you have given him.
 {17:3} This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true
 God, and him whom you sent, Yeshua the Messiah. {17:4} I glorified you
 on the earth. I have accomplished the work which you have given me to
 do. {17:5} Now, Father, glorify me with your own self with the glory
 which I had with you before the world existed. {17:6} I revealed your
 name to the people whom you have given me out of the world. They were
 yours, and you have given them to me. They have kept your word. {17:7}
 Now they have known that all things whatever you have given me are
 from you, {17:8} for the words which you have given me I have given to
 them, and they received them, and knew for sure that I came forth from
 you, and they have believed that you sent me. {17:9} I pray for them.
 I don't pray for the world, but for those whom you have given me, for
 they are yours. {17:10} All things that are mine are yours, and yours
 are mine, and I am glorified in them. {17:11} I am no more in the
 world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy
 Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they
 may be one, even as we are. {17:12} While I was with them in the
 world, I kept them in your name. Those whom you have given me I have
 kept. None of them is lost, except the son of destruction, that the
 Scripture might be fulfilled. {17:13} But now I come to you, and I say
 these things in the world, that they may have my joy made full in
 themselves. {17:14} I have given them your word. The world hated them,
 because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
 {17:15} I pray not that you would take them from the world, but that
 you would keep them from the evil one. {17:16} They are not of the
 world even as I am not of the world. {17:17} Sanctify them in your
 truth. Your word is truth.[1] {17:18} As you sent me into the world,
 even so I have sent them into the world. {17:19} For their sakes I
 sanctify myself, that they themselves also may be sanctified in truth.
 {17:20} Not for these only do I pray, but for those also who believe
 in me through their word, {17:21} that they may all be one; even as
 you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us;
 that the world may believe that you sent me. {17:22} The glory which
 you have given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, even as
 we are one; {17:23} I in them, and you in me, that they may be
 perfected into one; that the world may know that you sent me, and
 loved them, even as you loved me. {17:24} Father, I desire that they
 also whom you have given me be with me where I am, that they may see
 my glory, which you have given me, for you loved me before the
 foundation of the world. {17:25} Righteous Father, the world hasn't
 known you, but I knew you; and these knew that you sent me. {17:26} I
 made known to them your name, and will make it known; that the love
 with which you loved me may be in them, and I in them."

Footnotes:
[1] {17:17} Psalm 119:142

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.