The Acts of the Emissaries, Chapter 10

   {10:1} Now there was a certain man in Caesarea, Cornelius by name, a
 centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, {10:2} a devout
 man, and one who feared God with all his house, who gave gifts for the
 needy generously to the people, and always prayed to God. {10:3} At
 about [1>]the ninth hour of the day[<1], he clearly saw in a vision an
 angel of God coming to him, and saying to him, "Cornelius!"

   {10:4} He, fastening his eyes on him, and being frightened, said,
 "What is it, Lord?"

   He said to him, "Your prayers and your gifts to the needy have gone
 up for a memorial before God. {10:5} Now send men to Joppa, and get
 Simon, who is surnamed Peter. {10:6} He lodges with one Simon, a
 tanner, whose house is by the seaside.[2]"

   {10:7} When the angel who spoke to him had departed, Cornelius
 called two of his household servants and a devout soldier of those who
 waited on him continually. {10:8} Having explained everything to them,
 he sent them to Joppa. {10:9} Now on the next day as they were on
 their journey, and got close to the city, Peter went up on the
 housetop to pray at about noon. {10:10} He became hungry and desired
 to eat, but while they were preparing, he fell into a trance. {10:11}
 He saw heaven opened and a certain container descending to him, like a
 great sheet let down by four corners on the earth, {10:12} in which
 were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild animals,
 reptiles, and birds of the sky. {10:13} A voice came to him, "Rise,
 Peter, kill and eat!"

   {10:14} But Peter said, "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten
 anything that is common or unclean."

   {10:15} A voice came to him again the second time, "What God has
 cleansed, you must not call unclean." {10:16} This was done three
 times, and immediately the vessel was received up into heaven. {10:17}
 Now while Peter was very perplexed in himself what the vision which he
 had seen might mean, behold, the men who were sent by Cornelius,
 having made inquiry for Simon's house, stood before the gate, {10:18}
 and called and asked whether Simon, who was surnamed Peter, was
 lodging there. {10:19} While Peter was pondering the vision, the
 Spirit said to him, "Behold, [3>]three[<3] men seek you. {10:20} But
 arise, get down, and go with them, doubting nothing; for I have sent
 them."

   {10:21} Peter went down to the men, and said, "Behold, I am he whom
 you seek. Why have you come?"

   {10:22} They said, "Cornelius, a centurion, a righteous man and one
 who fears God, and well spoken of by all the Jewish nation, was
 directed by a holy angel to invite you to his house, and to listen to
 what you say." {10:23} So he called them in and lodged them. On the
 next day Peter arose and went out with them, and some of the brothers
 from Joppa accompanied him. {10:24} On the next day they entered into
 Caesarea. Cornelius was waiting for them, having called together his
 relatives and his near friends. {10:25} When it happened that Peter
 entered, Cornelius met him, fell down at his feet, and worshiped him.
 {10:26} But Peter raised him up, saying, "Stand up! I myself am also a
 man." {10:27} As he talked with him, he went in and found many
 gathered together. {10:28} He said to them, "You yourselves know how
 it is an unlawful thing for a man who is a Jew to join himself or come
 to one of another nation, but God has shown me that I shouldn't call
 any man unholy or unclean. {10:29} Therefore also I came without
 complaint when I was sent for. I ask therefore, why did you send for
 me?"

   {10:30} Cornelius said, "Four days ago, I was fasting until this
 hour, and at [4>]the ninth hour,[<4] I prayed in my house, and behold,
 a man stood before me in bright clothing, {10:31} and said,
 'Cornelius, your prayer is heard, and your gifts to the needy are
 remembered in the sight of God. {10:32} Send therefore to Joppa, and
 summon Simon, who is surnamed Peter. He lodges in the house of Simon a
 tanner, by the seaside. When he comes, he will speak to you.' {10:33}
 Therefore I sent to you at once, and it was good of you to come. Now
 therefore we are all here present in the sight of God to hear all
 things that have been commanded you by God."

   {10:34} Peter opened his mouth and said, "Truly I perceive that God
 doesn't show favoritism; {10:35} but in every nation he who fears him
 and works righteousness is acceptable to him. {10:36} The word which
 he sent to the children of Israel, proclaiming good news of peace by
 Yeshua the Messiah--he is Lord of all--{10:37} you yourselves know
 what happened, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, beginning
 from Galilee, after the immersion which Yochanan preached; {10:38}
 even Yeshua of Nazareth, how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and
 with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were
 oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. {10:39} We are witnesses
 of everything he did both in the countryside of Judea, and in
 Jerusalem; whom they [5>]also[<5] killed, hanging him on a tree.
 {10:40} God raised him up the third day, and gave him to be revealed,
 {10:41} not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen before
 by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead.
 {10:42} He commanded us to proclaim to the people and to testify that
 this is he who is appointed by God as the Judge of the living and the
 dead. {10:43} All the prophets testify about him, that through his
 name everyone who believes in him will receive remission of sins."

   {10:44} While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit
 fell on all those who heard the word. {10:45} They of the circumcision
 who believed were amazed, as many as came with Peter, because the gift
 of the Holy Spirit was also poured out on the Gentiles. {10:46} For
 they heard them speaking in other languages and magnifying God.

   Then Peter answered, {10:47} "Can any man forbid the water, that
 these who have received the Holy Spirit as well as we should not be
 immersed?" {10:48} He commanded them to be immersed in the name of
 Yeshua the Messiah. Then they asked him to stay some days.

Footnotes:
[1] {10:3} 3:00 PM

[2] {10:6} TR adds "This one will tell you what it is necessary for you
to do."

[3] {10:19} Reading from TR and NU. MT omits "three"

[4] {10:30} 3:00 P. M.

[5] {10:39} TR omits "also"

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.