The Psalms, starting at chapter 52

Psalm 52

 For the Chief Musician. A contemplation by David, when Doeg the
 Edomite came and told Saul, "David has come to Abimelech's house."

 {52:1} Why do you boast of mischief, mighty man?
   God's loving kindness endures continually.
 {52:2} Your tongue plots destruction,
   like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
 {52:3} You love evil more than good,
   lying rather than speaking the truth.
 Selah.
 {52:4} You love all devouring words,
   you deceitful tongue.
 {52:5} God will likewise destroy you forever.
   He will take you up, and pluck you out of your tent,
   and root you out of the land of the living.
 Selah.
 {52:6} The righteous also will see it, and fear,
   and laugh at him, saying,
 {52:7} "Behold, this is the man who didn't make God his strength,
   but trusted in the abundance of his riches,
   and strengthened himself in his wickedness."
 {52:8} But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in God's house.
   I trust in God's loving kindness forever and ever.
 {52:9} I will give you thanks forever, because you have done it.
   I will hope in your name, for it is good,
   in the presence of your holy ones.

Psalm 53

 For the Chief Musician. To the tune of "Mahalath." A contemplation by
 David.

 {53:1} The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
   They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity.
   There is no one who does good.
 {53:2} God looks down from heaven on the children of men,
   to see if there are any who understood,
   who seek after God.
 {53:3} Every one of them has gone back.
   They have become filthy together.
   There is no one who does good, no, not one.
 {53:4} Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
   who eat up my people as they eat bread,
   and don't call on God?
 {53:5} There they were in great fear, where no fear was,
   for God has scattered the bones of him who encamps against you.
 You have put them to shame,
   because God has rejected them.
 {53:6} Oh that the salvation [yeshuat] of Israel would come out of
        Zion!
   When God brings back his people from captivity,
   then Jacob shall rejoice,
   and Israel shall be glad.

Psalm 54

 For the Chief Musician. On stringed instruments. A contemplation by
 David, when the Ziphites came and said to Saul, "Isn't David hiding
 himself among us?"

 {54:1} Save me, God, by your name.
   Vindicate me in your might.
 {54:2} Hear my prayer, God.
   Listen to the words of my mouth.
 {54:3} For strangers have risen up against me.
   Violent men have sought after my soul.
   They haven't set God before them.
 Selah.
 {54:4} Behold, God is my helper.
   The Lord is the one who sustains my soul.
 {54:5} He will repay the evil to my enemies.
   Destroy them in your truth.
 {54:6} With a free will offering, I will sacrifice to you.
   I will give thanks to your name, LORD, for it is good.
 {54:7} For he has delivered me out of all trouble.
   My eye has seen triumph over my enemies.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.