Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 1

   {1:1} Paul, called to be an emissary of Yeshua the Messiah through
 the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes, {1:2} to the assembly of
 God which is at Corinth; those who are sanctified in Messiah Yeshua,
 called to be holy ones, with all who call on the name of our Lord
 Yeshua the Messiah in every place, both theirs and ours: {1:3} Grace
 to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Yeshua the Messiah.

   {1:4} I always thank my God concerning you, for the grace of God
 which was given you in Messiah Yeshua; {1:5} that in everything you
 were enriched in him, in all speech and all knowledge; {1:6} even as
 the testimony of Messiah was confirmed in you: {1:7} so that you come
 behind in no gift; waiting for the revelation of our Lord Yeshua the
 Messiah; {1:8} who will also confirm you until the end, blameless in
 the day of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. {1:9} God is faithful, through
 whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Yeshua the
 Messiah, our Lord. {1:10} Now I beg you, [1>]brothers,[<1] through the
 name of our Lord, Yeshua the Messiah, that you all speak the same
 thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be
 perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment. {1:11}
 For it has been reported to me concerning you, my brothers, by those
 who are from Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you.
 {1:12} Now I mean this, that each one of you says, "I follow Paul," "I
 follow Apollos," "I follow [2>]Kefa[<2]," and, "I follow Messiah."
 {1:13} Is Messiah divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you
 immersed into the name of Paul? {1:14} I thank God that I immersed
 none of you, except Crispus and Gaius, {1:15} so that no one should
 say that I had immersed you into my own name. {1:16} (I also immersed
 the household of Stephanas; besides them, I don't know whether I
 immersed any other.) {1:17} For Messiah sent me not to immerse, but to
 proclaim the Good News--not in wisdom of words, so that the cross of
 Messiah wouldn't be made void. {1:18} For the word of the cross is
 foolishness to those who are dying, but to us who are saved it is the
 power of God. {1:19} For it is written,
 "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
   I will bring the discernment of the discerning to nothing."[3]

   {1:20} Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the Torah
 scholar of this world? Hasn't God made foolish the wisdom of this
 world? {1:21} For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through
 its wisdom didn't know God, it was God's good pleasure through the
 foolishness of the proclaiming to save those who believe. {1:22} For
 Jews ask for signs, Greeks seek after wisdom, {1:23} but we proclaim
 Messiah crucified; a stumbling block to Jews, and foolishness to
 Greeks, {1:24} but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks,
 Messiah is the power of God and the wisdom of God. {1:25} Because the
 foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is
 stronger than men. {1:26} For you see your calling, brothers, that not
 many are wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, and not many
 noble; {1:27} but God chose the foolish things of the world that he
 might put to shame those who are wise. God chose the weak things of
 the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong;
 {1:28} and God chose the lowly things of the world, and the things
 that are despised, and the things that are not, that he might bring to
 nothing the things that are: {1:29} that no flesh should boast before
 God. {1:30} But of him, you are in Messiah Yeshua, who was made to us
 wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:
 {1:31} that, according as it is written, "He who boasts, let him boast
 in the Lord."[4]

Footnotes:
[1] {1:10} The word for "brothers" here and where context allows may
also be correctly translated "brothers and sisters" or "siblings."

[2] {1:12} Greek: Cephas

[3] {1:19} Isaiah 29:14

[4] {1:31} Jeremiah 9:24

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.