Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 8

   {8:1} Now concerning things sacrificed to idols: We know that we all
 have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. {8:2} But if
 anyone thinks that he knows anything, he doesn't yet know as he ought
 to know. {8:3} But if anyone loves God, the same is known by him.
 {8:4} Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols,
 we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no
 other God but one. {8:5} For though there are things that are called
 "gods," whether in the heavens or on earth; as there are many "gods"
 and many "lords;" {8:6} yet to us there is one God, the Father, of
 whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Yeshua the Messiah,
 through whom are all things, and we live through him. {8:7} However,
 that knowledge isn't in all men. But some, with consciousness of the
 idol until now, eat as of a thing sacrificed to an idol, and their
 conscience, being weak, is defiled. {8:8} But food will not commend us
 to God. For neither, if we don't eat, are we the worse; nor, if we
 eat, are we the better. {8:9} But be careful that by no means does
 this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to the weak. {8:10} For
 if a man sees you who have knowledge sitting in an idol's temple,
 won't his conscience, if he is weak, be emboldened to eat things
 sacrificed to idols? {8:11} And through your knowledge, he who is weak
 perishes, the brother for whose sake Messiah died. {8:12} Thus,
 sinning against the brothers, and wounding their conscience when it is
 weak, you sin against Messiah. {8:13} Therefore, if food causes my
 brother to stumble, I will eat no meat forevermore, that I don't cause
 my brother to stumble.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.