[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Isaiah, starting at chapter 61

{61:1} The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on me;
   because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the humble.
 He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim liberty to the captives,
   and release to those who are bound;
 {61:2} to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of
        vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; {61:3} to
        appoint to those who mourn in Zion, to give to them a garland
        for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise
        for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of
        righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be
        glorified.

 {61:4} They shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former
        desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the
        desolations of many generations. {61:5} Strangers shall stand
        and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and
        your vinedressers. {61:6} But you shall be named the priests of
        the LORD; men will call you the ministers of our God: you will
        eat the wealth of the nations, and you will boast in their
        glory.

 {61:7} Instead of your shame you shall have double; and instead of
        dishonor they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in
        their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be
        to them.

 {61:8} "For I, the LORD, love justice, I hate robbery with iniquity;
        and I will give them their recompense in truth, and I will make
        an everlasting covenant with them. {61:9} Their seed shall be
        known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples;
        all who see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed
        which the LORD has blessed."

 {61:10} I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in
        my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
        he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a
        bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns
        herself with her jewels. {61:11} For as the earth brings forth
        its bud, and as the garden causes the things that are sown in
        it to spring forth; so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness
        and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

 {62:1} For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's
        sake I will not rest, until her righteousness go forth as
        brightness, and her salvation as a lamp that burns. {62:2} The
        nations shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory,
        and you shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the
        LORD shall name. {62:3} You shall also be a crown of beauty in
        the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your
        God. {62:4} You shall no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall
        your land any more be termed Desolate: but you shall be called
        Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD delights in you,
        and your land shall be married. {62:5} For as a young man
        marries a virgin, so your sons shall marry you; and as the
        bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so your God will rejoice
        over you. {62:6} I have set watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem;
        they shall never hold their peace day nor night: you who call
        on the LORD, take no rest, {62:7} and give him no rest, until
        he establishes, and until he makes Jerusalem a praise in the
        earth.

 {62:8} The LORD has sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his
        strength,
   "Surely I will no more give your grain to be food for your enemies;
        and foreigners shall not drink your new wine, for which you
        have labored: {62:9} but those who have garnered it shall eat
        it, and praise the LORD; and those who have gathered it shall
        drink it in the courts of my sanctuary."

 {62:10} Go through, go through the gates! Prepare the way of the
        people! Cast up, cast up the highway! Gather out the stones!
        Lift up a banner for the peoples. {62:11} Behold, the LORD has
        proclaimed to the end of the earth,
   "Say to the daughter of Zion,
   'Behold, your salvation comes.
 Behold, his reward is with him,
   and his recompense before him.'"
 {62:12} They shall call them The holy people, The redeemed of the
        LORD: and you shall be called Sought out, A city not forsaken.

 {63:1} Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from
        Bozrah? this who is glorious in his clothing, marching in the
        greatness of his strength?
   "It is I who speak in righteousness, mighty to save."
 {63:2} Why are you red in your clothing, and your garments like him
        who treads in the wine vat?

 {63:3} "I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the peoples there
        was no man with me: yes, I trod them in my anger, and trampled
        them in my wrath; and their lifeblood is sprinkled on my
        garments, and I have stained all my clothing. {63:4} For the
        day of vengeance was in my heart, and the year of my redeemed
        has come. {63:5} I looked, and there was none to help; and I
        wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore my own arm
        brought salvation to me; and my wrath, it upheld me. {63:6} I
        trod down the peoples in my anger, and made them drunk in my
        wrath, and I poured out their lifeblood on the earth."

 {63:7} I will make mention of the loving kindnesses of the LORD and
        the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD has
        bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of
        Israel, which he has bestowed on them according to his mercies,
        and according to the multitude of his loving kindnesses. {63:8}
        For he said, "Surely, they are my people, children who will not
        deal falsely:" so he was their Savior.
 {63:9} In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his
        presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed
        them; and he bore them, and carried them all the days of old.
        {63:10} But they rebelled, and grieved his holy Spirit:
        therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he himself
        fought against them.

 {63:11} Then he remembered the days of old, Moses and his people,
        saying, Where is he who brought them up out of the sea with the
        shepherds of his flock? where is he who put his holy Spirit in
        their midst? {63:12} who caused his glorious arm to go at the
        right hand of Moses? who divided the waters before them, to
        make himself an everlasting name? {63:13} who led them through
        the depths, as a horse in the wilderness, so that they didn't
        stumble? {63:14} As the livestock that go down into the valley,
        the Spirit of the LORD caused them to rest; so you led your
        people, to make yourself a glorious name.

 {63:15} Look down from heaven, and see from the habitation of your
        holiness and of your glory: where are your zeal and your mighty
        acts? the yearning of your heart and your compassion is
        restrained toward me. {63:16} For you are our Father, though
        Abraham doesn't know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us:
        you, LORD, are our Father; our Redeemer from everlasting is
        your name. {63:17} O LORD, why do you make us to err from your
        ways, and harden our heart from your fear? Return for your
        servants' sake, the tribes of your inheritance. {63:18} Your
        holy people possessed it but a little while: our adversaries
        have trodden down your sanctuary. {63:19} We have become as
        they over whom you never bear rule, as those who were not
        called by your name.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.