[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ezekiel, starting at chapter 10

   {10:1} Then I looked, and see, in the expanse that was over the head
 of the cherubim there appeared above them as it were a
 [1>]sapphire[<1] stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne.
 {10:2} He spoke to the man clothed in linen, and said, Go in between
 the whirling wheels, even under the cherub, and fill both your hands
 with coals of fire from between the cherubim, and scatter them over
 the city. He went in as I watched. {10:3} Now the cherubim stood on
 the right side of the house, when the man went in; and the cloud
 filled the inner court. {10:4} The glory of the LORD mounted up from
 the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house
 was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of
 the LORD's glory. {10:5} The sound of the wings of the cherubim was
 heard even to the outer court, as the voice of God Almighty when he
 speaks. {10:6} It came to pass, when he commanded the man clothed in
 linen, saying, Take fire from between the whirling wheels, from
 between the cherubim, that he went in, and stood beside a wheel.
 {10:7} The cherub stretched forth his hand from between the cherubim
 to the fire that was between the cherubim, and took of it, and put it
 into the hands of him who was clothed in linen, who took it and went
 out. {10:8} There appeared in the cherubim the form of a man's hand
 under their wings. {10:9} I looked, and behold, four wheels beside the
 cherubim, one wheel beside one cherub, and another wheel beside
 another cherub; and the appearance of the wheels was like a beryl
 stone. {10:10} As for their appearance, the four of them had one
 likeness, like a wheel within a wheel. {10:11} When they went, they
 went in their four directions: they didn't turn as they went, but to
 the place where the head looked they followed it; they didn't turn as
 they went. {10:12} Their whole body, and their backs, and their hands,
 and their wings, and the wheels, were full of eyes all around, even
 the wheels that the four of them had. {10:13} As for the wheels, they
 were called in my hearing, the whirling wheels. {10:14} Every one had
 four faces: the first face was the face of the cherub, and the second
 face was the face of a man, and the third face the face of a lion, and
 the fourth the face of an eagle. {10:15} The cherubim mounted up: this
 is the living creature that I saw by the river Chebar. {10:16} When
 the cherubim went, the wheels went beside them; and when the cherubim
 lifted up their wings to mount up from the earth, the wheels also
 didn't turn from beside them. {10:17} When they stood, these stood;
 and when they mounted up, these mounted up with them: for the spirit
 of the living creature was in them. {10:18} The glory of the LORD went
 forth from over the threshold of the house, and stood over the
 cherubim. {10:19} The cherubim lifted up their wings, and mounted up
 from the earth in my sight when they went forth, and the wheels beside
 them: and they stood at the door of the east gate of the LORD's house;
 and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above. {10:20} This
 is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river
 Chebar; and I knew that they were cherubim. {10:21} Every one had four
 faces, and every one four wings; and the likeness of the hands of a
 man was under their wings. {10:22} As for the likeness of their faces,
 they were the faces which I saw by the river Chebar, their appearances
 and themselves; they went every one straight forward.

   {11:1} Moreover the Spirit lifted me up, and brought me to the east
 gate of the LORD's house, which looks eastward: and see, at the door
 of the gate twenty-five men; and I saw in their midst Jaazaniah the
 son of Azzur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.
 {11:2} He said to me, Son of man, these are the men who devise
 iniquity, and who give wicked counsel in this city; {11:3} who say,
 The time is not near to build houses: this is the caldron, and we are
 the meat. {11:4} Therefore prophesy against them, prophesy, son of
 man. {11:5} The Spirit of the LORD fell on me, and he said to me,
 Speak, Thus says the LORD: Thus you have said, house of Israel; for I
 know the things that come into your mind. {11:6} You have multiplied
 your slain in this city, and you have filled its streets with the
 slain. {11:7} Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Your slain whom you
 have laid in its midst, they are the meat, and this is the caldron;
 but you shall be brought out of its midst. {11:8} You have feared the
 sword; and I will bring the sword on you, says the Lord GOD. {11:9} I
 will bring you forth out of its midst, and deliver you into the hands
 of strangers, and will execute judgments among you. {11:10} You shall
 fall by the sword; I will judge you in the border of Israel; and you
 shall know that I am the LORD. {11:11} This shall not be your caldron,
 neither shall you be the meat in its midst; I will judge you in the
 border of Israel; {11:12} and you shall know that I am the LORD: for
 you have not walked in my statutes, neither have you executed my
 ordinances, but have done after the ordinances of the nations that are
 around you. {11:13} It happened, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the
 son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down on my face, and cried with a
 loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! will you make a full end of the
 remnant of Israel? {11:14} The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
 {11:15} Son of man, your brothers, even your brothers, the men of your
 relatives, and all the house of Israel, all of them, to whom the
 inhabitants of Jerusalem have said, Go far away from the LORD. This
 land has been given to us for a possession. {11:16} Therefore say,
 Thus says the Lord GOD: Whereas I have removed them far off among the
 nations, and whereas I have scattered them among the countries, yet
 will I be to them a sanctuary for a little while in the countries
 where they have come. {11:17} Therefore say, Thus says the Lord GOD: I
 will gather you from the peoples, and assemble you out of the
 countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you
 Eretz-Israel. {11:18} They shall come there, and they shall take away
 all the detestable things of it and all its abominations from there.
 {11:19} I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within
 you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give
 them a heart of flesh; {11:20} that they may walk in my statutes, and
 keep my ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I
 will be their God. {11:21} But as for them whose heart walks after the
 heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring
 their way on their own heads, says the Lord GOD. {11:22} Then the
 cherubim lifted up their wings, and the wheels were beside them; and
 the glory of the God of Israel was over them above. {11:23} The glory
 of the LORD went up from the midst of the city, and stood on the
 mountain which is on the east side of the city. {11:24} The Spirit
 lifted me up, and brought me in the vision by the Spirit of God into
 Kasdimah, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went
 up from me. {11:25} Then I spoke to them of the captivity all the
 things that the LORD had shown me.

   {12:1} The word of the LORD also came to me, saying, {12:2} Son of
 man, you dwell in the midst of the rebellious house, who have eyes to
 see, and don't see, who have ears to hear, and don't hear; for they
 are a rebellious house. {12:3} Therefore, you son of man, prepare your
 stuff for moving, and move by day in their sight; and you shall move
 from your place to another place in their sight: it may be they will
 consider, though they are a rebellious house. {12:4} You shall bring
 forth your stuff by day in their sight, as stuff for moving; and you
 shall go forth yourself at even in their sight, as when men go forth
 into exile. {12:5} Dig through the wall in their sight, and carry your
 stuff out that way. {12:6} In their sight you shall bear it on your
 shoulder, and carry it forth in the dark; you shall cover your face,
 so that you don't see the land: for I have set you for a sign to the
 house of Israel. {12:7} I did so as I was commanded: I brought forth
 my stuff by day, as stuff for removing, and in the even I dug through
 the wall with my hand; I brought it forth in the dark, and bore it on
 my shoulder in their sight. {12:8} In the morning came the word of the
 LORD to me, saying, {12:9} Son of man, has not the house of Israel,
 the rebellious house, said to you, What are you doing? {12:10} Say to
 them, Thus says the Lord GOD: This burden concerns the prince in
 Jerusalem, and all the house of Israel among whom they are. {12:11}
 Say, I am your sign: like as I have done, so shall it be done to them;
 they shall go into exile, into captivity. {12:12} The prince who is
 among them shall bear on his shoulder in the dark, and shall go forth:
 they shall dig through the wall to carry out thereby: he shall cover
 his face, because he shall not see the land with his eyes. {12:13} My
 net also will I spread on him, and he shall be taken in my snare; and
 I will bring him to Babylon to the land of the Kasdim; yet shall he
 not see it, though he shall die there. {12:14} I will scatter toward
 every wind all who are around him to help him, and all his bands; and
 I will draw out the sword after them. {12:15} They shall know that I
 am the LORD, when I shall disperse them among the nations, and scatter
 them through the countries. {12:16} But I will leave a few men of them
 from the sword, from the famine, and from the pestilence; that they
 may declare all their abominations among the nations where they come;
 and they shall know that I am the LORD. {12:17} Moreover the word of
 the LORD came to me, saying, {12:18} Son of man, eat your bread with
 quaking, and drink your water with trembling and with fearfulness;
 {12:19} and tell the people of the land, Thus says the Lord GOD
 concerning the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and Eretz-Israel: They shall
 eat their bread with fearfulness, and drink their water in dismay,
 that her land may be desolate, and all that is therein, because of the
 violence of all those who dwell therein. {12:20} The cities that are
 inhabited shall be laid waste, and the land shall be a desolation; and
 you shall know that I am the LORD. {12:21} The word of the LORD came
 to me, saying, {12:22} Son of man, what is this proverb that you have
 in Eretz-Israel, saying, The days are prolonged, and every vision
 fails? {12:23} Tell them therefore, Thus says the Lord GOD: I will
 make this proverb to cease, and they shall no more use it as a proverb
 in Israel; but tell them, The days are at hand, and the fulfillment of
 every vision. {12:24} For there shall be no more any false vision nor
 flattering divination within the house of Israel. {12:25} For I am the
 LORD; I will speak, and the word that I shall speak shall be
 performed; it shall be no more deferred: for in your days, rebellious
 house, will I speak the word, and will perform it, says the Lord GOD.
 {12:26} Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, {12:27} Son of
 man, behold, they of the house of Israel say, The vision that he sees
 is for many day to come, and he prophesies of times that are far off.
 {12:28} Therefore tell them, Thus says the Lord GOD: None of my words
 shall be deferred any more, but the word which I shall speak shall be
 performed, says the Lord GOD.

Footnotes:
[1] {10:1} or, lapis lazuli

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.