[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yochanan's First Letter, Chapter 5

   {5:1} Whoever believes that Yeshua is the Messiah is born of God.
 Whoever loves the Father also loves the child who is born of him.
 {5:2} By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love
 God and keep his commandments. {5:3} For this is the love of God, that
 we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous. {5:4} For
 whatever is born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that
 has overcome the world: your faith. {5:5} Who is he who overcomes the
 world, but he who believes that Yeshua is the Son of God? {5:6} This
 is he who came by water and blood, Yeshua the Messiah; not with the
 water only, but with the water and the blood. It is the Spirit who
 testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. {5:7} For there are three
 who testify[1]: {5:8} the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the
 three agree as one. {5:9} If we receive the witness of men, the
 witness of God is greater; for this is God's testimony which he has
 testified concerning his Son. {5:10} He who believes in the Son of God
 has the testimony in himself. He who doesn't believe God has made him
 a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has
 given concerning his Son. {5:11} The testimony is this, that God gave
 to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. {5:12} He who has the
 Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life.
 {5:13} These things I have written to you who believe in the name of
 the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that
 you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

   {5:14} This is the boldness which we have toward him, that, if we
 ask anything according to his will, he listens to us. {5:15} And if we
 know that he listens to us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the
 petitions which we have asked of him.

   {5:16} If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin not leading to
 death, he shall ask, and God will give him life for those who sin not
 leading to death. There is a sin leading to death. I don't say that he
 should make a request concerning this. {5:17} All unrighteousness is
 sin, and there is a sin not leading to death. {5:18} We know that
 whoever is born of God doesn't sin, but he who was born of God keeps
 himself, and the evil one doesn't touch him. {5:19} We know that we
 are of God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
 {5:20} We know that the Son of God has come, and has given us an
 understanding, that we know him who is true, and we are in him who is
 true, in his Son Yeshua the Messiah. This is the true God, and eternal
 life.

   {5:21} Little children, keep yourselves from idols.

Footnotes:
[1] {5:7} Only a few recent manuscripts add "in heaven: the Father, the
Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three
that testify on earth"

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.