[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Exodus, starting at chapter 7

   {7:1} The LORD said to Moses, "Behold, I have made you as God to
 Pharaoh; and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet. {7:2} You shall
 speak all that I command you; and Aaron your brother shall speak to
 Pharaoh, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land. {7:3}
 I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in
 the land of Egypt. {7:4} But Pharaoh will not listen to you, and I
 will lay my hand on Egypt, and bring out my armies, my people the
 children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments. {7:5}
 The Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch out my
 hand on Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them."

   {7:6} Moses and Aaron did so. As the LORD commanded them, so they
 did. {7:7} Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron eighty-three years
 old, when they spoke to Pharaoh.

   {7:8} The LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying, {7:9} "When
 Pharaoh speaks to you, saying, 'Perform a miracle!' then you shall
 tell Aaron, 'Take your rod, and cast it down before Pharaoh, that it
 become a serpent.'"

   {7:10} Moses and Aaron went in to Pharaoh, and they did so, as the
 LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh and
 before his servants, and it became a serpent. {7:11} Then Pharaoh also
 called for the wise men and the sorcerers. They also, the magicians of
 Egypt, did the same thing with their enchantments. {7:12} For they
 each cast down their rods, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod
 swallowed up their rods. {7:13} Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he
 didn't listen to them; as the LORD had spoken.

   {7:14} The LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh's heart is stubborn. He
 refuses to let the people go. {7:15} Go to Pharaoh in the morning.
 Behold, he goes out to the water; and you shall stand by the river's
 bank to meet him; and the rod which was turned to a serpent you shall
 take in your hand. {7:16} You shall tell him, 'The LORD, the God of
 the Hebrews, has sent me to you, saying, "Let my people go, that they
 may serve me in the wilderness:" and behold, until now you haven't
 listened. {7:17} Thus says the LORD, "In this you shall know that I am
 the LORD. Behold, I will strike with the rod that is in my hand on the
 waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.
 {7:18} The fish that are in the river shall die, and the river shall
 become foul; and the Egyptians shall loathe to drink water from the
 river."'" {7:19} The LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, 'Take your rod,
 and stretch out your hand over the waters of Egypt, over their rivers,
 over their streams, and over their pools, and over all their ponds of
 water, that they may become blood; and there shall be blood throughout
 all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood and in vessels of
 stone.'"

   {7:20} Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted
 up the rod, and struck the waters that were in the river, in the sight
 of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that
 were in the river were turned to blood. {7:21} The fish that were in
 the river died; and the river became foul, and the Egyptians couldn't
 drink water from the river; and the blood was throughout all the land
 of Egypt. {7:22} The magicians of Egypt did the same thing with their
 enchantments; and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he didn't listen
 to them; as the LORD had spoken. {7:23} Pharaoh turned and went into
 his house, and he didn't even take this to heart. {7:24} All the
 Egyptians dug around the river for water to drink; for they couldn't
 drink of the water of the river. {7:25} Seven days were fulfilled,
 after the LORD had struck the river.

   {8:1} The LORD spoke to Moses, Go in to Pharaoh, and tell him, "This
 is what the LORD says, 'Let my people go, that they may serve me.
 {8:2} If you refuse to let them go, behold, I will plague all your
 borders with frogs: {8:3} and the river shall swarm with frogs, which
 shall go up and come into your house, and into your bedroom, and on
 your bed, and into the house of your servants, and on your people, and
 into your ovens, and into your kneading troughs: {8:4} and the frogs
 shall come up both on you, and on your people, and on all your
 servants.'" {8:5} The LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, 'Stretch out
 your hand with your rod over the rivers, over the streams, and over
 the pools, and cause frogs to come up on the land of Egypt.'" {8:6}
 Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs
 came up, and covered the land of Egypt. {8:7} The magicians did the
 same thing with their enchantments, and brought up frogs on the land
 of Egypt.

   {8:8} Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, "Entreat
 the LORD, that he take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and
 I will let the people go, that they may sacrifice to the LORD."

   {8:9} Moses said to Pharaoh, "I give you the honor of setting the
 time that I should pray for you, and for your servants, and for your
 people, that the frogs be destroyed from you and your houses, and
 remain in the river only."

   {8:10} He said, "Tomorrow."

   He said, "Be it according to your word, that you may know that there
 is none like the LORD our God. {8:11} The frogs shall depart from you,
 and from your houses, and from your servants, and from your people.
 They shall remain in the river only."

   {8:12} Moses and Aaron went out from Pharaoh, and Moses cried to the
 LORD concerning the frogs which he had brought on Pharaoh. {8:13} The
 LORD did according to the word of Moses, and the frogs died out of the
 houses, out of the courts, and out of the fields. {8:14} They gathered
 them together in heaps, and the land stank. {8:15} But when Pharaoh
 saw that there was a respite, he hardened his heart, and didn't listen
 to them, as the LORD had spoken.

   {8:16} The LORD said to Moses, "Tell Aaron, 'Stretch out your rod,
 and strike the dust of the earth, that it may become lice throughout
 all the land of Egypt.'" {8:17} They did so; and Aaron stretched out
 his hand with his rod, and struck the dust of the earth, and there
 were lice on man, and on animal; all the dust of the earth became lice
 throughout all the land of Egypt. {8:18} The magicians tried with
 their enchantments to produce lice, but they couldn't. There were lice
 on man, and on animal. {8:19} Then the magicians said to Pharaoh,
 "This is the finger of God:" and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he
 didn't listen to them; as the LORD had spoken.

   {8:20} The LORD said to Moses, "Rise up early in the morning, and
 stand before Pharaoh; behold, he comes out to the water; and tell him,
 'This is what the LORD says, "Let my people go, that they may serve
 me. {8:21} Else, if you will not let my people go, behold, I will send
 swarms of flies on you, and on your servants, and on your people, and
 into your houses: and the houses of the Egyptians shall be full of
 swarms of flies, and also the ground whereon they are. {8:22} I will
 set apart in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell,
 that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end you may know that I
 am the LORD in the midst of the earth. {8:23} I will put a division
 between my people and your people: by tomorrow shall this sign be."'"
 {8:24} The LORD did so; and there came grievous swarms of flies into
 the house of Pharaoh, and into his servants' houses: and in all the
 land of Egypt the land was corrupted by reason of the swarms of flies.

   {8:25} Pharaoh called for Moses and for Aaron, and said, "Go,
 sacrifice to your God in the land!"

   {8:26} Moses said, "It isn't appropriate to do so; for we shall
 sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to the LORD our God.
 Behold, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before
 their eyes, and won't they stone us? {8:27} We will go three days'
 journey into the wilderness, and sacrifice to the LORD our God, as he
 shall command us."

   {8:28} Pharaoh said, "I will let you go, that you may sacrifice to
 the LORD your God in the wilderness, only you shall not go very far
 away. Pray for me."

   {8:29} Moses said, "Behold, I go out from you, and I will pray to
 the LORD that the swarms of flies may depart from Pharaoh, from his
 servants, and from his people, tomorrow; only don't let Pharaoh deal
 deceitfully any more in not letting the people go to sacrifice to the
 LORD." {8:30} Moses went out from Pharaoh, and prayed to the LORD.
 {8:31} The LORD did according to the word of Moses, and he removed the
 swarms of flies from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people.
 There remained not one. {8:32} Pharaoh hardened his heart this time
 also, and he didn't let the people go.

   {9:1} Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go in to Pharaoh, and tell him,
 'This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: "Let my people
 go, that they may serve me. {9:2} For if you refuse to let them go,
 and hold them still, {9:3} behold, the hand of the LORD is on your
 livestock which are in the field, on the horses, on the donkeys, on
 the camels, on the herds, and on the flocks with a very grievous
 pestilence. {9:4} The LORD will make a distinction between the
 livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt; and nothing shall die
 of all that belongs to the children of Israel."'" {9:5} The LORD
 appointed a set time, saying, "Tomorrow the LORD shall do this thing
 in the land." {9:6} The LORD did that thing on the next day; and all
 the livestock of Egypt died, but of the livestock of the children of
 Israel, not one died. {9:7} Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not
 so much as one of the livestock of the Israelites dead. But the heart
 of Pharaoh was stubborn, and he didn't let the people go.

   {9:8} The LORD said to Moses and to Aaron, "Take to you handfuls of
 ashes of the furnace, and let Moses sprinkle it toward the sky in the
 sight of Pharaoh. {9:9} It shall become small dust over all the land
 of Egypt, and shall be a boil breaking out with boils on man and on
 animal, throughout all the land of Egypt."

   {9:10} They took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and
 Moses sprinkled it up toward the sky; and it became a boil breaking
 out with boils on man and on animal. {9:11} The magicians couldn't
 stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boils were on the
 magicians, and on all the Egyptians. {9:12} The LORD hardened the
 heart of Pharaoh, and he didn't listen to them, as the LORD had spoken
 to Moses.

   {9:13} The LORD said to Moses, "Rise up early in the morning, and
 stand before Pharaoh, and tell him, 'This is what the LORD, the God of
 the Hebrews, says: "Let my people go, that they may serve me. {9:14}
 For this time I will send all my plagues against your heart, against
 your officials, and against your people; that you may know that there
 is none like me in all the earth. {9:15} For now I would have
 stretched out my hand, and struck you and your people with pestilence,
 and you would have been cut off from the earth; {9:16} but indeed for
 this cause I have made you stand: to show you my power, and that my
 name may be declared throughout all the earth; {9:17} as you still
 exalt yourself against my people, that you won't let them go. {9:18}
 Behold, tomorrow about this time I will cause it to rain a very
 grievous hail, such as has not been in Egypt since the day it was
 founded even until now. {9:19} Now therefore command that all of your
 livestock and all that you have in the field be brought into shelter.
 Every man and animal that is found in the field, and isn't brought
 home, the hail shall come down on them, and they shall die."'"

   {9:20} Those who feared the word of the LORD among the servants of
 Pharaoh made their servants and their livestock flee into the houses.
 {9:21} Whoever didn't respect the word of the LORD left his servants
 and his livestock in the field.

   {9:22} The LORD said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the
 sky, that there may be hail in all the land of Egypt, on man, and on
 animal, and on every herb of the field, throughout the land of Egypt."

   {9:23} Moses stretched out his rod toward the heavens, and the LORD
 sent thunder, hail, and lightning flashed down to the earth. The LORD
 rained hail on the land of Egypt. {9:24} So there was very severe
 hail, and lightning mixed with the hail, such as had not been in all
 the land of Egypt since it became a nation. {9:25} The hail struck
 throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man
 and animal; and the hail struck every herb of the field, and broke
 every tree of the field. {9:26} Only in the land of Goshen, where the
 children of Israel were, there was no hail.

   {9:27} Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said to
 them, "I have sinned this time. The LORD is righteous, and I and my
 people are wicked. {9:28} Pray to the LORD; for there has been enough
 of mighty thunderings and hail. I will let you go, and you shall stay
 no longer."

   {9:29} Moses said to him, "As soon as I have gone out of the city, I
 will spread abroad my hands to the LORD. The thunders shall cease,
 neither shall there be any more hail; that you may know that the earth
 is the LORD's. {9:30} But as for you and your servants, I know that
 you don't yet fear the LORD God."

   {9:31} The flax and the barley were struck, for the barley was in
 the ear, and the flax was in bloom. {9:32} But the wheat and the spelt
 were not struck, for they had not grown up. {9:33} Moses went out of
 the city from Pharaoh, and spread abroad his hands to the LORD; and
 the thunders and hail ceased, and the rain was not poured on the
 earth. {9:34} When Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the
 thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he
 and his servants. {9:35} The heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he
 didn't let the children of Israel go, just as the LORD had spoken
 through Moses.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.