[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Good News According to Matthew, Chapter 15

   {15:1} Then Pharisees and scribes came to Yeshua from Jerusalem,
 saying, {15:2} "Why do your disciples disobey the tradition of the
 elders? For they don't wash their hands when they eat bread."

   {15:3} He answered them, "Why do you also disobey the commandment of
 God because of your tradition? {15:4} For God commanded, 'Honor your
 father and your mother,'[1] and, 'He who speaks evil of father or
 mother, let him be put to death.'[2] {15:5} But you say, 'Whoever may
 tell his father or his mother, "Whatever help you might otherwise have
 gotten from me is a gift devoted to God," {15:6} he shall not honor
 his father or mother.' You have made the commandment of God void
 because of your tradition. {15:7} You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah
 prophesy of you, saying,
 {15:8} 'These people draw near to me with their mouth,
   and honor me with their lips;
   but their heart is far from me.
 {15:9} And in vain do they worship me,
   teaching as doctrine rules made by men.'"[3]

   {15:10} He summoned the multitude, and said to them, "Hear, and
 understand. {15:11} That which enters into the mouth doesn't defile
 the man; but that which proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the
 man."

   {15:12} Then the disciples came, and said to him, "Do you know that
 the Pharisees were offended, when they heard this saying?"

   {15:13} But he answered, "Every plant which my heavenly Father
 didn't plant will be uprooted. {15:14} Leave them alone. They are
 blind guides of the blind. If the blind guide the blind, both will
 fall into a pit."

   {15:15} Peter answered him, "Explain the parable to us."

   {15:16} So Yeshua said, "Do you also still not understand? {15:17}
 Don't you understand that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the
 belly, and then out of the body? {15:18} But the things which proceed
 out of the mouth come out of the heart, and they defile the man.
 {15:19} For out of the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders,
 adulteries, sexual sins, thefts, false testimony, and blasphemies.
 {15:20} These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with
 unwashed hands doesn't defile the man."

   {15:21} Yeshua went out from there, and withdrew into the region of
 Tyre and Sidon. {15:22} Behold, a Canaanite woman came out from those
 borders, and cried, saying, "Have mercy on me, Lord, you son of David!
 My daughter is severely demonized!"

   {15:23} But he answered her not a word.

   His disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away; for she
 cries after us."

   {15:24} But he answered, "I wasn't sent to anyone but the lost sheep
 of the house of Israel."

   {15:25} But she came and worshiped him, saying, "Lord, help me."

   {15:26} But he answered, "It is not appropriate to take the
 children's bread and throw it to the dogs."

   {15:27} But she said, "Yes, Lord, but even the dogs eat the crumbs
 which fall from their masters' table."

   {15:28} Then Yeshua answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Be it
 done to you even as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that
 hour.

   {15:29} Yeshua departed there, and came near to the sea of Galilee;
 and he went up into the mountain, and sat there. {15:30} Great
 multitudes came to him, having with them the lame, blind, mute,
 maimed, and many others, and they put them down at his feet. He healed
 them, {15:31} so that the multitude wondered when they saw the mute
 speaking, injured whole, lame walking, and blind seeing--and they
 glorified the God of Israel.

   {15:32} Yeshua summoned his disciples and said, "I have compassion
 on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days and
 have nothing to eat. I don't want to send them away fasting, or they
 might faint on the way."

   {15:33} The disciples said to him, "Where should we get so many
 loaves in a deserted place as to satisfy so great a multitude?"

   {15:34} Yeshua said to them, "How many loaves do you have?"

   They said, "Seven, and a few small fish."

   {15:35} He commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground;
 {15:36} and he took the seven loaves and the fish. He gave thanks and
 broke them, and gave to the disciples, and the disciples to the
 multitudes. {15:37} They all ate, and were filled. They took up seven
 baskets full of the broken pieces that were left over. {15:38} Those
 who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children. {15:39}
 Then he sent away the multitudes, got into the boat, and came into the
 borders of Magdala.

Footnotes:
[1] {15:4} Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:16

[2] {15:4} Exodus 21:17; Leviticus 20:9

[3] {15:9} Isaiah 29:13

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.