[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Second Book of Chronicles, starting at chapter 4

   {4:1} Then he made an altar of brass, twenty cubits its length, and
 twenty cubits its breadth, and ten cubits its height. {4:2} Also he
 made the molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass;
 and its height was five cubits; and a line of thirty cubits encircled
 it. {4:3} Under it was the likeness of oxen, which encircled it, for
 ten cubits, encircling the sea. The oxen were in two rows, cast when
 it was cast. {4:4} It stood on twelve oxen, three looking toward the
 north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the
 south, and three looking toward the east: and the sea was set on them
 above, and all their hinder parts were inward. {4:5} It was a
 handbreadth thick; and its brim was worked like the brim of a cup,
 like the flower of a lily: it received and held three thousand baths.
 {4:6} He made also ten basins, and put five on the right hand, and
 five on the left, to wash in them; such things as belonged to the
 burnt offering they washed in them; but the sea was for the priests to
 wash in. {4:7} He made the ten menorahs of gold according to the
 ordinance concerning them; and he set them in the temple, five on the
 right hand, and five on the left. {4:8} He made also ten tables, and
 placed them in the temple, five on the right side, and five on the
 left. He made one hundred basins of gold. {4:9} Furthermore he made
 the court of the priests, and the great court, and doors for the
 court, and overlaid their doors with brass. {4:10} He set the sea on
 the right side of the house eastward, toward the south. {4:11} Huram
 made the pots, and the shovels, and the basins. So Huram made an end
 of doing the work that he did for king Solomon in God's house: {4:12}
 the two pillars, and the bowls, and the two capitals which were on the
 top of the pillars, and the two networks to cover the two bowls of the
 capitals that were on the top of the pillars, {4:13} and the four
 hundred pomegranates for the two networks; two rows of pomegranates
 for each network, to cover the two bowls of the capitals that were on
 the pillars. {4:14} He made also the bases, and the basins made he on
 the bases; {4:15} one sea, and the twelve oxen under it. {4:16} Huram
 his father also made the pots, the shovels, the forks, and all its
 vessels for king Solomon for the house of the LORD of bright brass.
 {4:17} The king cast them in the plain of the Jordan, in the clay
 ground between Succoth and Zeredah. {4:18} Thus Solomon made all these
 vessels in great abundance: for the weight of the brass could not be
 found out. {4:19} Solomon made all the vessels that were in God's
 house, the golden altar also, and the tables with the show bread on
 them; {4:20} and the menorahs with their lamps, to burn according to
 the ordinance before the oracle, of pure gold; {4:21} and the flowers,
 and the lamps, and the tongs, of gold, and that perfect gold; {4:22}
 and the snuffers, and the basins, and the spoons, and the fire pans,
 of pure gold: and as for the entry of the house, the inner doors of it
 for the most holy place, and the doors of the main hall of the temple
 were of gold.

   {5:1} Thus all the work that Solomon did for the house of the LORD
 was finished. Solomon brought in the things that David his father had
 dedicated, even the silver, and the gold, and all the vessels, and put
 them in the treasuries of the house of God. {5:2} Then Solomon
 assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the
 princes of the fathers' households of the children of Israel, to
 Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the
 city of David, which is Zion. {5:3} And all the men of Israel
 assembled themselves to the king at the feast, which was in the
 seventh month. {5:4} All the elders of Israel came: and the Levites
 took up the ark; {5:5} and they brought up the ark, and the Tent of
 Meeting, and all the holy vessels that were in the Tent; these the
 priests the Levites brought up. {5:6} King Solomon and all the
 congregation of Israel, that were assembled to him, were before the
 ark, sacrificing sheep and cattle, that could not be counted nor
 numbered for multitude. {5:7} The priests brought in the ark of the
 covenant of the LORD to its place, into the oracle of the house, to
 the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubim. {5:8} For
 the cherubim spread forth their wings over the place of the ark, and
 the cherubim covered the ark and its poles above. {5:9} The poles were
 so long that the ends of the poles were seen from the ark before the
 oracle; but they were not seen outside: and there it is to this day.
 {5:10} There was nothing in the ark except the two tables which Moses
 put at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of
 Israel, when they came out of Egypt. {5:11} It happened, when the
 priests had come out of the holy place, (for all the priests who were
 present had sanctified themselves, and didn't keep their divisions;
 {5:12} also the Levites who were the singers, all of them, even Asaph,
 Heman, Jeduthun, and their sons and their brothers, arrayed in fine
 linen, with cymbals and stringed instruments and harps, stood at the
 east end of the altar, and with them one hundred twenty priests
 sounding with [1>]shofars[<1];) {5:13} it happened, when the
 trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in
 praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice
 with the [2>]shofars[<2] and cymbals and instruments of music, and
 praised the LORD, saying,
 "For he is good;
   for his loving kindness endures forever!"
   that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the
 LORD, {5:14} so that the priests could not stand to minister by reason
 of the cloud: for the glory of the LORD filled God's house.

   {6:1} Then Solomon said, "The LORD has said that he would dwell in
 the thick darkness. {6:2} But I have built you a house of habitation,
 and a place for you to dwell in forever."

   {6:3} The king turned his face, and blessed all the assembly of
 Israel: and all the assembly of Israel stood. {6:4} He said, "Blessed
 be the LORD, the God of Israel, who spoke with his mouth to David my
 father, and has with his hands fulfilled it, saying, {6:5} 'Since the
 day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt, I chose
 no city out of all the tribes of Israel to build a house in, that my
 name might be there; neither chose I any man to be prince over my
 people Israel: {6:6} but I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might
 be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.' {6:7}
 Now it was in the heart of David my father to build a house for the
 name of the LORD, the God of Israel. {6:8} But the LORD said to David
 my father, 'Whereas it was in your heart to build a house for my name,
 you did well that it was in your heart: {6:9} nevertheless you shall
 not build the house; but your son who shall come forth out of your
 body, he shall build the house for my name.'

   {6:10} "The LORD has performed his word that he spoke; for I have
 risen up in the place of David my father, and sit on the throne of
 Israel, as the LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of
 the LORD, the God of Israel. {6:11} There I have set the ark, in which
 is the covenant of the LORD, which he made with the children of
 Israel."

   {6:12} He stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all
 the assembly of Israel, and spread forth his hands {6:13} (for Solomon
 had made a bronze scaffold, five cubits long, and five cubits broad,
 and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court; and
 on it he stood, and kneeled down on his knees before all the assembly
 of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven;) {6:14} and he
 said, "LORD, the God of Israel, there is no God like you, in heaven,
 or on earth; you who keep covenant and loving kindness with your
 servants, who walk before you with all their heart; {6:15} who have
 kept with your servant David my father that which you promised him:
 yes, you spoke with your mouth, and have fulfilled it with your hand,
 as it is this day.

   {6:16} "Now therefore, LORD, the God of Israel, keep with your
 servant David my father that which you have promised him, saying,
 'There shall not fail you a man in my sight to sit on the throne of
 Israel, if only your children take heed to their way, to walk in my
 law as you have walked before me.' {6:17} Now therefore, LORD, the God
 of Israel, let your word be verified, which you spoke to your servant
 David.

   {6:18} "But will God indeed dwell with men on the earth? Behold,
 heaven and the heaven of heavens can't contain you; how much less this
 house which I have built! {6:19} Yet have respect for the prayer of
 your servant, and to his supplication, LORD my God, to listen to the
 cry and to the prayer which your servant prays before you; {6:20} that
 your eyes may be open toward this house day and night, even toward the
 place where you have said that you would put your name; to listen to
 the prayer which your servant shall pray toward this place. {6:21}
 Listen to the petitions of your servant, and of your people Israel,
 when they shall pray toward this place: yes, hear from your dwelling
 place, even from heaven; and when you hear, forgive.

   {6:22} "If a man sin against his neighbor, and an oath is laid on
 him to cause him to swear, and he comes and swears before your altar
 in this house; {6:23} then hear from heaven, and do, and judge your
 servants, bringing retribution to the wicked, to bring his way on his
 own head; and justifying the righteous, to give him according to his
 righteousness.

   {6:24} "If your people Israel be struck down before the enemy,
 because they have sinned against you, and shall turn again and confess
 your name, and pray and make supplication before you in this house;
 {6:25} then hear from heaven, and forgive the sin of your people
 Israel, and bring them again to the land which you gave to them and to
 their fathers.

   {6:26} "When the sky is shut up, and there is no rain, because they
 have sinned against you; if they pray toward this place, and confess
 your name, and turn from their sin, when you afflict them: {6:27} then
 hear in heaven, and forgive the sin of your servants, and of your
 people Israel, when you teach them the good way in which they should
 walk; and send rain on your land, which you have given to your people
 for an inheritance.

   {6:28} "If there is famine in the land, if there is pestilence, if
 there is blight or mildew, locust or caterpillar; if their enemies
 besiege them in the land of their cities; whatever plague or whatever
 sickness there is; {6:29} whatever prayer and supplication be made by
 any man, or by all your people Israel, who shall know every man his
 own plague and his own sorrow, and shall spread forth his hands toward
 this house: {6:30} then hear from heaven, your dwelling place and
 forgive, and render to every man according to all his ways, whose
 heart you know; (for you, even you only, know the hearts of the
 children of men;) {6:31} that they may fear you, to walk in your ways,
 so long as they live in the land which you gave to our fathers.

   {6:32} "Moreover concerning the foreigner, who is not of your people
 Israel, when he shall come from a far country for your great name's
 sake, and your mighty hand, and your outstretched arm; when they shall
 come and pray toward this house: {6:33} then hear from heaven, even
 from your dwelling place, and do according to all that the foreigner
 calls to you for; that all the peoples of the earth may know your
 name, and fear you, as does your people Israel, and that they may know
 that this house which I have built is called by your name.

   {6:34} "If your people go out to battle against their enemies, by
 whatever way you shall send them, and they pray to you toward this
 city which you have chosen, and the house which I have built for your
 name; {6:35} then hear from heaven their prayer and their
 supplication, and maintain their cause.

   {6:36} "If they sin against you (for there is no man who doesn't
 sin), and you are angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so
 that they carry them away captive to a land far off or near; {6:37}
 yet if they shall repent themselves in the land where they are carried
 captive, and turn again, and make supplication to you in the land of
 their captivity, saying, 'We have sinned, we have done perversely, and
 have dealt wickedly;' {6:38} if they return to you with all their
 heart and with all their soul in the land of their captivity, where
 they have carried them captive, and pray toward their land, which you
 gave to their fathers, and the city which you have chosen, and toward
 the house which I have built for your name: {6:39} then hear from
 heaven, even from your dwelling place, their prayer and their
 petitions, and maintain their cause, and forgive your people who have
 sinned against you.

   {6:40} "Now, my God, let, I beg you, your eyes be open, and let your
 ears be attentive, to the prayer that is made in this place.

   {6:41} "Now therefore arise, LORD God, into your resting place, you,
 and the ark of your strength: let your priests, LORD God, be clothed
 with salvation [yeshu`ah], and let your holy ones rejoice in goodness.

   {6:42} "LORD God, don't turn away the face of your anointed.
 Remember your loving kindnesses to David your servant."

Footnotes:
[1] {5:12} or, trumpets

[2] {5:13} or, trumpets

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.