[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Paul's Letter to the Romans, Chapter 8

   {8:1} There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in
 Messiah Yeshua, [1>]who don't walk according to the flesh, but
 according to the Spirit.[<1] {8:2} For the law of the Spirit of life
 in Messiah Yeshua made me free from the law of sin and of death. {8:3}
 For what the law couldn't do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
 God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for
 sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; {8:4} that the ordinance of the
 law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after
 the Spirit. {8:5} For those who live according to the flesh set their
 minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the
 Spirit, the things of the Spirit. {8:6} For the mind of the flesh is
 death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace; {8:7} because the
 mind of the flesh is hostile towards God; for it is not subject to
 God's law, neither indeed can it be. {8:8} Those who are in the flesh
 can't please God. {8:9} But you are not in the flesh but in the
 Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any
 man doesn't have the Spirit of Messiah, he is not his. {8:10} If
 Messiah is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is
 alive because of righteousness. {8:11} But if the Spirit of him who
 raised up Yeshua from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Messiah
 Yeshua from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through
 his Spirit who dwells in you. {8:12} So then, brothers, we are
 debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. {8:13} For if you
 live after the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you put to
 death the deeds of the body, you will live. {8:14} For as many as are
 led by the Spirit of God, these are children of God. {8:15} For you
 didn't receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received
 the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry, "[2>]Abba[<2]! Father!"

   {8:16} The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are
 children of God; {8:17} and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and
 joint heirs with Messiah; if indeed we suffer with him, that we may
 also be glorified with him. {8:18} For I consider that the sufferings
 of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory
 which will be revealed toward us. {8:19} For the creation waits with
 eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. {8:20} For
 the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but because
 of him who subjected it, in hope {8:21} that the creation itself also
 will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the liberty of the
 glory of the children of God. {8:22} For we know that the whole
 creation groans and travails in pain together until now. {8:23} Not
 only so, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit,
 even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for adoption, the
 redemption of our body. {8:24} For we were saved in hope, but hope
 that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he sees? {8:25}
 But if we hope for that which we don't see, we wait for it with
 patience. {8:26} In the same way, the Spirit also helps our
 weaknesses, for we don't know how to pray as we ought. But the Spirit
 himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can't be
 uttered. {8:27} He who searches the hearts knows what is on the
 Spirit's mind, because he makes intercession for the holy ones
 according to God.

   {8:28} We know that all things work together for good for those who
 love God, to those who are called according to his purpose. {8:29} For
 whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of
 his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many [3>]brothers.[<3]
 {8:30} Whom he predestined, those he also called. Whom he called,
 those he also justified. Whom he justified, those he also glorified.

   {8:31} What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us,
 who can be against us? {8:32} He who didn't spare his own Son, but
 delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with him freely
 give us all things? {8:33} Who could bring a charge against God's
 chosen ones? It is God who justifies. {8:34} Who is he who condemns?
 It is Messiah who died, yes rather, who was raised from the dead, who
 is at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

   {8:35} Who shall separate us from the love of Messiah? Could
 oppression, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or
 peril, or sword? {8:36} Even as it is written, "For your sake we are
 killed all day long. We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter."[4]
 {8:37} No, in all these things, we are more than conquerors through
 him who loved us. {8:38} For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor
 life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things
 to come, nor powers, {8:39} nor height, nor depth, nor any other
 created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which
 is in Messiah Yeshua our Lord.

Footnotes:
[1] {8:1} NU omits "who don't walk according to the flesh, but
according to the Spirit"

[2] {8:15} Abba is an Aramaic word for father or daddy, often used
affectionately and respectfully in prayer to our Father in heaven.

[3] {8:29} The word for "brothers" here and where context allows may
also be correctly translated "brothers and sisters" or "siblings."

[4] {8:36} Psalm 44:22

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.