arch...@jab.org

Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians, Chapter 4

   {4:1} Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained
 mercy, we don't faint. {4:2} But we have renounced the hidden things
 of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God
 deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending
 ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. {4:3} Even if
 our Good News is veiled, it is veiled in those who perish; {4:4} in
 whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving,
 that the light of the Good News of the glory of Messiah, who is the
 image of God, should not dawn on them. {4:5} For we don't proclaim
 ourselves, but Messiah Yeshua as Lord, and ourselves as your servants
 for Yeshua's sake; {4:6} seeing it is God who said, "Light will shine
 out of darkness,"[1] who has shone in our hearts, to give the light of
 the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Yeshua the Messiah.

   {4:7} But we have this treasure in clay vessels, that the exceeding
 greatness of the power may be of God, and not from ourselves. {4:8} We
 are pressed on every side, yet not crushed; perplexed, yet not to
 despair; {4:9} pursued, yet not forsaken; struck down, yet not
 destroyed; {4:10} always carrying in the body the putting to death of
 the Lord Yeshua, that the life of Yeshua may also be revealed in our
 body. {4:11} For we who live are always delivered to death for
 Yeshua's sake, that the life also of Yeshua may be revealed in our
 mortal flesh. {4:12} So then death works in us, but life in you.
 {4:13} But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is
 written, "I believed, and therefore I spoke."[2] We also believe, and
 therefore also we speak; {4:14} knowing that he who raised the Lord
 Yeshua will raise us also with Yeshua, and will present us with you.
 {4:15} For all things are for your sakes, that the grace, being
 multiplied through the many, may cause the thanksgiving to abound to
 the glory of God. {4:16} Therefore we don't faint, but though our
 outward man is decaying, yet our inward man is renewed day by day.
 {4:17} For our light affliction, which is for the moment, works for us
 more and more exceedingly an eternal weight of glory; {4:18} while we
 don't look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are
 not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things
 which are not seen are eternal.

Footnotes:
[1] {4:6} Genesis 1:3

[2] {4:13} Psalm 116:10

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.