arch...@jab.org

The Psalms, starting at chapter 127

Psalm 127

 A Song of Ascents. By Solomon.

 {127:1} Unless the LORD builds the house,
   they labor in vain who build it.
 Unless the LORD watches over the city,
   the watchman guards it in vain.
 {127:2} It is vain for you to rise up early,
   to stay up late,
   eating the bread of toil;
   for he gives sleep to his loved ones.
 {127:3} Behold, children are a heritage of the LORD.
   The fruit of the womb is his reward.
 {127:4} As arrows in the hand of a mighty man,
   so are the children of youth.
 {127:5} Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them.
   They won't be disappointed when they speak with their enemies in the
        gate.

Psalm 128

 A Song of Ascents.

 {128:1} Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD,
   who walks in his ways.
 {128:2} For you will eat the labor of your hands.
   You will be happy, and it will be well with you.
 {128:3} Your wife will be as a fruitful vine,
   in the innermost parts of your house;
   your children like olive plants,
   around your table.
 {128:4} Behold, thus is the man blessed who fears the LORD.
   {128:5} May the LORD bless you out of Zion,
   and may you see the good of Jerusalem all the days of your life.
 {128:6} Yes, may you see your children's children.
   Peace be upon Israel.

Psalm 129

 A Song of Ascents.

 {129:1} Many times they have afflicted me from my youth up.
   Let Israel now say,
 {129:2} many times they have afflicted me from my youth up,
   yet they have not prevailed against me.
 {129:3} The plowers plowed on my back.
   They made their furrows long.
 {129:4} The LORD is righteous.
   He has cut apart the cords of the wicked.
 {129:5} Let them be disappointed and turned backward,
   all those who hate Zion.
 {129:6} Let them be as the grass on the housetops,
   which withers before it grows up;
 {129:7} with which the reaper doesn't fill his hand,
   nor he who binds sheaves, his bosom.
 {129:8} Neither do those who go by say,
   "The blessing of the LORD be on you.
   We bless you in the name of the LORD."

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.