arch...@jab.org

Paul's Second Letter to Timothy, Chapter 2

   {2:1} You therefore, my child, be strengthened in the grace that is
 in Messiah Yeshua. {2:2} The things which you have heard from me among
 many witnesses, commit the same to faithful men, who will be able to
 teach others also. {2:3} You therefore must endure hardship, as a good
 soldier of Messiah Yeshua. {2:4} No soldier on duty entangles himself
 in the affairs of life, that he may please him who enrolled him as a
 soldier. {2:5} Also, if anyone competes in athletics, he isn't crowned
 unless he has competed by the rules. {2:6} The farmers who labor must
 be the first to get a share of the crops. {2:7} Consider what I say,
 and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.

   {2:8} Remember Yeshua the Messiah, risen from the dead, of the seed
 of David, according to my Good News, {2:9} in which I suffer hardship
 to the point of chains as a criminal. But God's word isn't chained.
 {2:10} Therefore I endure all things for the chosen ones' sake, that
 they also may obtain the salvation which is in Messiah Yeshua with
 eternal glory. {2:11} This saying is faithful:
 "For if we died with him,
   we will also live with him.
 {2:12} If we endure,
   we will also reign with him.
 If we deny him,
   he also will deny us.
 {2:13} If we are faithless,
   he remains faithful.
   He can't deny himself."

   {2:14} Remind them of these things, charging them in the sight of
 the Lord, that they don't argue about words, to no profit, to the
 subverting of those who hear.

   {2:15} Give diligence to present yourself approved by God, a workman
 who doesn't need to be ashamed, properly handling the Word of Truth.
 {2:16} But shun empty chatter, for it will go further in ungodliness,
 {2:17} and those words will consume like gangrene, of whom is
 Hymenaeus and Philetus; {2:18} men who have erred concerning the
 truth, saying that the resurrection is already past, and overthrowing
 the faith of some. {2:19} However God's firm foundation stands, having
 this seal, "The Lord knows those who are his,"[1] and, "Let every one
 who names the name of [2>]the Lord[<2] depart from unrighteousness."
 {2:20} Now in a large house there are not only vessels of gold and of
 silver, but also of wood and of clay. Some are for honor, and some for
 dishonor. {2:21} If anyone therefore purges himself from these, he
 will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, and suitable for the master's
 use, prepared for every good work.

   {2:22} Flee from youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith,
 love, and peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
 {2:23} But refuse foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing that they
 generate strife. {2:24} The Lord's servant must not quarrel, but be
 gentle towards all, able to teach, patient, {2:25} in gentleness
 correcting those who oppose him: perhaps God may give them repentance
 leading to a full knowledge of the truth, {2:26} and they may recover
 themselves out of the devil's snare, having been taken captive by him
 to his will.

Footnotes:
[1] {2:19} Numbers 16:5

[2] {2:19} TR reads "Messiah" instead of "the Lord"

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.