arch...@jab.org

The Letter to the Hebrews, Chapter 2

   {2:1} Therefore we ought to pay greater attention to the things that
 were heard, lest perhaps we drift away. {2:2} For if the word spoken
 through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and
 disobedience received a just recompense; {2:3} how will we escape if
 we neglect so great a salvation--which at the first having been spoken
 through the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard; {2:4} God
 also testifying with them, both by signs and wonders, by various works
 of power, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will?
 {2:5} For he didn't subject the world to come, of which we speak, to
 angels. {2:6} But one has somewhere testified, saying,
 "What is man, that you think of him?
   Or the son of man, that you care for him?
 {2:7} You made him a little lower than the angels.
   You crowned him with glory and honor.[1]
   {2:8} You have put all things in subjection under his feet."[2]

   For in that he subjected all things to him, he left nothing that is
 not subject to him. But now we don't see all things subjected to him,
 yet. {2:9} But we see him who has been made a little lower than the
 angels, Yeshua, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory
 and honor, that by the grace of God he should taste of death for
 everyone. {2:10} For it became him, for whom are all things, and
 through whom are all things, in bringing many children to glory, to
 make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings. {2:11}
 For both he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from
 one, for which cause he is not ashamed to call them [3>]brothers[<3],
 {2:12} saying,
 "I will declare your name to my brothers.
   In the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."[4]

   {2:13} Again, "I will put my trust in him."[5] Again, "Behold, here
 I am with the children whom God has given me."[6] {2:14} Since then
 the children have shared in flesh and blood, he also himself in the
 same way partook of the same, that through death he might bring to
 nothing him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, {2:15} and
 might deliver all of them who through fear of death were all their
 lifetime subject to bondage. {2:16} For most certainly, he doesn't
 give help to angels, but he gives help to the seed of Abraham. {2:17}
 Therefore he was obligated in all things to be made like his brothers,
 that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things
 pertaining to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people.
 {2:18} For in that he himself has suffered being tempted, he is able
 to help those who are tempted.

Footnotes:
[1] {2:7} TR adds "and set him over the works of your hands"

[2] {2:8} Psalm 8:4-6

[3] {2:11} The word for "brothers" here and where context allows may
also be correctly translated "brothers and sisters" or "siblings."

[4] {2:12} Psalm 22:22

[5] {2:13} Isaiah 8:17

[6] {2:13} Isaiah 8:18

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.