arch...@jab.org

Ezekiel, starting at chapter 4

    {4:1} You also, son of man, take a tile, and lay it before
 yourself, and portray on it a city, even Jerusalem: {4:2} and lay
 siege against it, and build forts against it, and cast up a mound
 against it; set camps also against it, and plant battering rams
 against it all around. {4:3} Take for yourself an iron pan, and set it
 for a wall of iron between you and the city: and set your face toward
 it, and it shall be besieged, and you shall lay siege against it. This
 shall be a sign to the house of Israel. {4:4} Moreover lie on your
 left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel on it;
 according to the number of the days that you shall lie on it, you
 shall bear their iniquity. {4:5} For I have appointed the years of
 their iniquity to be to you a number of days, even three hundred
 ninety days: so you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
 {4:6} Again, when you have accomplished these, you shall lie on your
 right side, and shall bear the iniquity of the house of Judah: forty
 days, each day for a year, have I appointed it to you. {4:7} You shall
 set your face toward the siege of Jerusalem, with your arm uncovered;
 and you shall prophesy against it. {4:8} Behold, I lay bands on you,
 and you shall not turn you from one side to the other, until you have
 accomplished the days of your siege. {4:9} Take for yourself also
 wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millet, and spelt, and
 put them in one vessel, and make bread of it; according to the number
 of the days that you shall lie on your side, even three hundred ninety
 days, you shall eat of it. {4:10} Your food which you shall eat shall
 be by weight, twenty shekels a day: from time to time you shall eat
 it. {4:11} You shall drink water by measure, the sixth part of a hin:
 from time to time you shall drink. {4:12} You shall eat it as barley
 cakes, and you shall bake it in their sight with dung that comes out
 of man. {4:13} The LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel
 eat their bread unclean, among the nations where I will drive them.
 {4:14} Then I said, Ah Lord GOD! behold, my soul has not been
 polluted; for from my youth up even until now have I not eaten of that
 which dies of itself, or is torn of animals; neither came there
 abominable flesh into my mouth. {4:15} Then he said to me, Behold, I
 have given you cow's dung for man's dung, and you shall prepare your
 bread thereon. {4:16} Moreover he said to me, Son of man, behold, I
 will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread
 by weight, and with fearfulness; and they shall drink water by
 measure, and in dismay: {4:17} that they may want bread and water, and
 be dismayed one with another, and pine away in their iniquity.

    {5:1} You, son of man, take a sharp sword; You shall take it as a
 barber's razor to you, and shall cause it to pass on your head and on
 your beard: then take balances to weigh, and divide the hair. {5:2} A
 third part you shall burn in the fire in the midst of the city, when
 the days of the siege are fulfilled; and you shall take a third part,
 and strike with the sword around it; and a third part you shall
 scatter to the wind, and I will draw out a sword after them. {5:3} You
 shall take of it a few in number, and bind them in your skirts. {5:4}
 Of these again you shall take, and cast them into the midst of the
 fire, and burn them in the fire; from it shall a fire come forth into
 all the house of Israel. {5:5} Thus says the Lord GOD: This is
 Jerusalem; I have set her in the midst of the nations, and countries
 are around her. {5:6} She has rebelled against my ordinances in doing
 wickedness more than the nations, and against my statutes more than
 the countries that are around her; for they have rejected my
 ordinances, and as for my statutes, they have not walked in them.
 {5:7} Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you are turbulent more
 than the nations that are around you, and have not walked in my
 statutes, neither have kept my ordinances, neither have done after the
 ordinances of the nations that are around you; {5:8} therefore thus
 says the Lord GOD: Behold, I, even I, am against you; and I will
 execute judgments in the midst of you in the sight of the nations.
 {5:9} I will do in you that which I have not done, and whereunto I
 will not do any more the like, because of all your abominations.
 {5:10} Therefore the fathers shall eat the sons in the midst of you,
 and the sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgments on
 you; and the whole remnant of you will I scatter to all the winds.
 {5:11} Therefore as I live, says the Lord GOD, surely, because you
 have defiled my sanctuary with all your detestable things, and with
 all your abominations, therefore will I also diminish you; neither
 shall my eye spare, and I also will have no pity. {5:12} A third part
 of you shall die with the pestilence, and with famine shall they be
 consumed in the midst of you; and a third part shall fall by the sword
 around you; and a third part I will scatter to all the winds, and will
 draw out a sword after them. {5:13} Thus shall my anger be
 accomplished, and I will cause my wrath toward them to rest, and I
 shall be comforted; and they shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken
 in my zeal, when I have accomplished my wrath on them. {5:14} Moreover
 I will make you a desolation and a reproach among the nations that are
 around you, in the sight of all that pass by. {5:15} So it shall be a
 reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment, to the
 nations that are around you, when I shall execute judgments on you in
 anger and in wrath, and in wrathful rebukes; (I, the LORD, have spoken
 it;) {5:16} when I shall send on them the evil arrows of famine, that
 are for destruction, which I will send to destroy you: and I will
 increase the famine on you, and will break your staff of bread; {5:17}
 and I will send on you famine and evil animals, and they shall bereave
 you; and pestilence and blood shall pass through you; and I will bring
 the sword on you: I, the LORD, have spoken it.

    {6:1} The word of the LORD came to me, saying, {6:2} Son of man,
 set your face toward the mountains of Israel, and prophesy to them,
 {6:3} and say, You mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD:
 Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains and to the hills, to the
 watercourses and to the valleys: Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword
 on you, and I will destroy your high places. {6:4} Your altars shall
 become desolate, and your incense altars shall be broken; and I will
 cast down your slain men before your idols. {6:5} I will lay the dead
 bodies of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will
 scatter your bones around your altars. {6:6} In all your dwelling
 places the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be
 desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and
 your idols may be broken and cease, and your incense altars may be cut
 down, and your works may be abolished. {6:7} The slain shall fall in
 the midst of you, and you shall know that I am the LORD. {6:8} Yet
 will I leave a remnant, in that you shall have some that escape the
 sword among the nations, when you shall be scattered through the
 countries. {6:9} Those of you that escape shall remember me among the
 nations where they shall be carried captive, how that I have been
 broken with their lewd heart, which has departed from me, and with
 their eyes, which play the prostitute after their idols: and they
 shall loathe themselves in their own sight for the evils which they
 have committed in all their abominations. {6:10} They shall know that
 I am the LORD: I have not said in vain that I would do this evil to
 them. {6:11} Thus says the Lord GOD: Strike with your hand, and stamp
 with your foot, and say, Alas! because of all the evil abominations of
 the house of Israel; for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine,
 and by the pestilence. {6:12} He who is far off shall die of the
 pestilence; and he who is near shall fall by the sword; and he who
 remains and is besieged shall die by the famine: thus will I
 accomplish my wrath on them. {6:13} You shall know that I am the LORD,
 when their slain men shall be among their idols around their altars,
 on every high hill, on all the tops of the mountains, and under every
 green tree, and under every thick oak, the places where they offered
 pleasant aroma to all their idols. {6:14} I will stretch out my hand
 on them, and make the land desolate and waste, from the wilderness
 toward Diblah, throughout all their habitations: and they shall know
 that I am the LORD.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.