arch...@jab.org

The Psalms, starting at chapter 13

Psalm 13

 For the Chief Musician. A Psalm by David.

 {13:1} How long, LORD?
   Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
 {13:2} How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
   having sorrow in my heart every day?
   How long shall my enemy triumph over me?
 {13:3} Behold, and answer me, LORD, my God.
   Give light to my eyes, lest I sleep in death;
   {13:4} Lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him";
   Lest my adversaries rejoice when I fall.

 {13:5} But I trust in your loving kindness.
   My heart rejoices in your salvation.
 {13:6} I will sing to the LORD,
   because he has been good to me.

Psalm 14

 For the Chief Musician. By David.

 {14:1} The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
   They are corrupt.
   They have done abominable works.
   There is none who does good.
 {14:2} The LORD looked down from heaven on the children of men,
   to see if there were any who understood,
   who sought after God.
 {14:3} They have all gone aside.
   They have together become corrupt.
   There is none who does good, no, not one.
 {14:4} Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge,
   who eat up my people as they eat bread,
   and don't call on the LORD?
 {14:5} There they were in great fear,
   for God is in the generation of the righteous.
 {14:6} You frustrate the plan of the poor,
   because the LORD is his refuge.
 {14:7} Oh that the salvation [yeshuat] of Israel would come out of
        Zion!
   When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people,
   then Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Psalm 15

 A Psalm by David.

 {15:1} LORD, who shall dwell in your sanctuary?
   Who shall live on your holy hill?
 {15:2} He who walks blamelessly does what is right,
   and speaks truth in his heart;
 {15:3} He who doesn't slander with his tongue,
   nor does evil to his friend,
   nor casts slurs against his fellow man;
 {15:4} In whose eyes a vile man is despised,
   but who honors those who fear the LORD;
   he who keeps an oath even when it hurts, and doesn't change;
 {15:5} he who doesn't lend out his money for usury,
   nor take a bribe against the innocent.

 He who does these things shall never be shaken.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.