arch...@jab.org

Ezekiel, starting at chapter 13

   {13:1} The word of the LORD came to me, saying, {13:2} Son of man,
 prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those
 who prophesy out of their own heart, Hear the word of the LORD: {13:3}
 Thus says the Lord GOD, Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their
 own spirit, and have seen nothing! {13:4} Israel, your prophets have
 been like foxes in the waste places. {13:5} You have not gone up into
 the gaps, neither built up the wall for the house of Israel, to stand
 in the battle in the day of the LORD. {13:6} They have seen falsehood
 and lying divination, who say, the LORD says; but the LORD has not
 sent them: and they have made men to hope that the word would be
 confirmed. {13:7} Haven't you seen a false vision, and haven't you
 spoken a lying divination, in that you say, the LORD says; but I have
 not spoken? {13:8} Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Because you have
 spoken falsehood, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you,
 says the Lord GOD. {13:9} My hand shall be against the prophets who
 see false visions, and who divine lies: they shall not be in the
 council of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of
 the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into Eretz-Israel; and
 you shall know that I am the Lord GOD. {13:10} Because, even because
 they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there is no peace; and
 when one builds up a wall, behold, they plaster it with whitewash:
 {13:11} tell those who plaster it with whitewash, that it shall fall:
 there shall be an overflowing shower; and you, great hailstones, shall
 fall; and a stormy wind shall tear it. {13:12} Behold, when the wall
 has fallen, shall it not be said to you, Where is the plaster with
 which you have plastered it? {13:13} Therefore thus says the Lord GOD:
 I will even tear it with a stormy wind in my wrath; and there shall be
 an overflowing shower in my anger, and great hailstones in wrath to
 consume it. {13:14} So will I break down the wall that you have
 plastered with whitewash, and bring it down to the ground, so that its
 foundation shall be uncovered; and it shall fall, and you shall be
 consumed in its midst: and you shall know that I am the LORD. {13:15}
 Thus will I accomplish my wrath on the wall, and on those who have
 plastered it with whitewash; and I will tell you, The wall is no more,
 neither those who plastered it; {13:16} to wit, the prophets of Israel
 who prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and who see visions of peace for
 her, and there is no peace, says the Lord GOD. {13:17} You, son of
 man, set your face against the daughters of your people, who prophesy
 out of their own heart; and prophesy against them, {13:18} and say,
 Thus says the Lord GOD: Woe to the women who sew pillows on all
 elbows, and make kerchiefs for the head of persons of every stature to
 hunt souls! Will you hunt the souls of my people, and save souls alive
 for yourselves? {13:19} You have profaned me among my people for
 handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to kill the souls who
 should not die, and to save the souls alive who should not live, by
 your lying to my people who listen to lies. {13:20} Therefore thus
 says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against your pillows, with which you
 there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your
 arms; and I will let the souls go, even the souls whom you hunt to
 make them fly. {13:21} Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my
 people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be
 hunted; and you shall know that I am the LORD. {13:22} Because with
 lies you have grieved the heart of the righteous, whom I have not made
 sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not
 return from his wicked way, and be saved alive: {13:23} Therefore you
 shall no more see false visions, nor practice divination. I will
 deliver my people out of your hand; and you shall know that I am the
 LORD.

   {14:1} Then came certain of the elders of Israel to me, and sat
 before me. {14:2} The word of the LORD came to me, saying, {14:3} Son
 of man, these men have taken their idols into their heart, and put the
 stumbling block of their iniquity before their face: should I be
 inquired of at all by them? {14:4} Therefore speak to them, and tell
 them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Every man of the house of Israel who
 takes his idols into his heart, and puts the stumbling block of his
 iniquity before his face, and comes to the prophet; I the LORD will
 answer him therein according to the multitude of his idols; {14:5}
 that I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they
 are all estranged from me through their idols. {14:6} Therefore tell
 the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord GOD: Return, and turn
 yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your
 abominations. {14:7} For everyone of the house of Israel, or of the
 strangers who live in Israel, who separates himself from me, and takes
 his idols into his heart, and puts the stumbling block of his iniquity
 before his face, and comes to the prophet to inquire for himself of
 me; I the LORD will answer him by myself: {14:8} and I will set my
 face against that man, and will make him an astonishment, for a sign
 and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and
 you shall know that I am the LORD. {14:9} If the prophet is deceived
 and speak a word, I, the LORD, have deceived that prophet, and I will
 stretch out my hand on him, and will destroy him from the midst of my
 people Israel. {14:10} They shall bear their iniquity: the iniquity of
 the prophet shall be even as the iniquity of him who seeks him;
 {14:11} that the house of Israel may go no more astray from me,
 neither defile themselves any more with all their transgressions; but
 that they may be my people, and I may be their God, says the Lord GOD.
 {14:12} The word of the LORD came to me, saying, {14:13} Son of man,
 when a land sins against me by committing a trespass, and I stretch
 out my hand on it, and break the staff of its bread, and send famine
 on it, and cut off from it man and animal; {14:14} though these three
 men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their
 own souls by their righteousness, says the Lord GOD. {14:15} If I
 cause evil animals to pass through the land, and they ravage it, and
 it be made desolate, so that no man may pass through because of the
 animals; {14:16} though these three men were in it, as I live, says
 the Lord GOD, they should deliver neither sons nor daughters; they
 only should be delivered, but the land should be desolate. {14:17} Or
 if I bring a sword on that land, and say, Sword, go through the land;
 so that I cut off from it man and animal; {14:18} though these three
 men were in it, as I live, says the Lord GOD, they should deliver
 neither sons nor daughters, but they only should be delivered
 themselves. {14:19} Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour
 out my wrath on it in blood, to cut off from it man and animal;
 {14:20} though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, says the
 Lord GOD, they should deliver neither son nor daughter; they should
 but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. {14:21} For thus
 says the Lord GOD: How much more when I send my four severe judgments
 on Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the evil animals, and the
 pestilence, to cut off from it man and animal! {14:22} Yet, behold,
 therein shall be left a remnant that shall be carried forth, both sons
 and daughters: behold, they shall come forth to you, and you shall see
 their way and their doings; and you shall be comforted concerning the
 evil that I have brought on Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have
 brought on it. {14:23} They shall comfort you, when you see their way
 and their doings; and you shall know that I have not done without
 cause all that I have done in it, says the Lord GOD.

   {15:1} The word of the LORD came to me, saying, {15:2} Son of man,
 what is the vine tree more than any tree, the vine-branch which is
 among the trees of the forest? {15:3} Shall wood be taken of it to
 make any work? or will men take a pin of it to hang any vessel
 thereon? {15:4} Behold, it is cast into the fire for fuel; the fire
 has devoured both its ends, and its midst is burned: is it profitable
 for any work? {15:5} Behold, when it was whole, it was meet for no
 work: how much less, when the fire has devoured it, and it is burned,
 shall it yet be meet for any work! {15:6} Therefore thus says the Lord
 GOD: As the vine tree among the trees of the forest, which I have
 given to the fire for fuel, so will I give the inhabitants of
 Jerusalem. {15:7} I will set my face against them; they shall go forth
 from the fire, but the fire shall devour them; and you shall know that
 I am the LORD, when I set my face against them. {15:8} I will make the
 land desolate, because they have committed a trespass, says the Lord
 GOD.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.