arch...@jab.org

Ezekiel, starting at chapter 28

   {28:1} The word of the LORD came again to me, saying, {28:2} Son of
 man, tell the prince of Tyre, Thus says the Lord GOD: Because your
 heart is lifted up, and you have said, I am a god, I sit in the seat
 of God, in the midst of the seas; yet you are man, and not God, though
 you set your heart as the heart of God--{28:3} behold, you are wiser
 than Daniel; there is no secret that is hidden from you; {28:4} by
 your wisdom and by your understanding you have gotten yourself riches,
 and have gotten gold and silver into your treasures; {28:5} by your
 great wisdom [and] by your traffic you have increased your riches, and
 your heart is lifted up because of your riches--{28:6} therefore thus
 says the Lord GOD: Because you have set your heart as the heart of
 God, {28:7} therefore, behold, I will bring strangers on you, the
 terrible of the nations; and they shall draw their swords against the
 beauty of your wisdom, and they shall defile your brightness. {28:8}
 They shall bring you down to the pit; and you shall die the death of
 those who are slain, in the heart of the seas. {28:9} Will you yet say
 before him who kills you, I am God? but you are man, and not God, in
 the hand of him who wounds you. {28:10} You shall die the death of the
 uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, says the
 Lord GOD. {28:11} Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
 {28:12} Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and
 tell him, Thus says the Lord GOD: You seal up the sum, full of wisdom,
 and perfect in beauty. {28:13} You were in Eden, the garden of God;
 every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz, emerald, chrysolite,
 onyx, jasper, [1>]sapphire[<1], turquoise, and beryl. Gold work of
 tambourines and of pipes was in you. In the day that you were created
 they were prepared. {28:14} You were the anointed cherub who covers:
 and I set you, [so that] you were on the holy mountain of God; you
 have walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. {28:15}
 You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created,
 until unrighteousness was found in you. {28:16} By the abundance of
 your traffic they filled the midst of you with violence, and you have
 sinned: therefore I have cast you as profane out of the mountain of
 God; and I have destroyed you, covering cherub, from the midst of the
 stones of fire. {28:17} Your heart was lifted up because of your
 beauty; you have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your brightness: I
 have cast you to the ground; I have laid you before kings, that they
 may see you. {28:18} By the multitude of your iniquities, in the
 unrighteousness of your traffic, you have profaned your sanctuaries;
 therefore have I brought forth a fire from the midst of you; it has
 devoured you, and I have turned you to ashes on the earth in the sight
 of all those who see you. {28:19} All those who know you among the
 peoples shall be astonished at you: you have become a terror, and you
 shall nevermore have any being. {28:20} The word of the LORD came to
 me, saying, {28:21} Son of man, set your face toward Sidon, and
 prophesy against it, {28:22} and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold,
 I am against you, Sidon; and I will be glorified in the midst of you;
 and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall have executed
 judgments in her, and shall be sanctified in her. {28:23} For I will
 send pestilence into her, and blood into her streets; and the wounded
 shall fall in the midst of her, with the sword on her on every side;
 and they shall know that I am the LORD. {28:24} There shall be no more
 a pricking brier to the house of Israel, nor a hurting thorn of any
 that are around them, that scorned them; and they shall know that I am
 the Lord GOD. {28:25} Thus says the Lord GOD: When I shall have
 gathered the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are
 scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the
 nations, then shall they dwell in their own land which I gave to my
 servant Jacob. {28:26} They shall dwell securely therein; yes, they
 shall build houses, and plant vineyards, and shall dwell securely,
 when I have executed judgments on all those who do them despite all
 around them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God.

   {29:1} In the tenth year, in the tenth month, on the twelfth day of
 the month, the word of the LORD came to me, saying, {29:2} "Son of
 man, set your face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against
 him and against all Egypt. {29:3} Speak and say, 'Thus says the Lord
 GOD: "Behold, I am against you, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great
 monster that lies in the midst of his rivers, that has said, 'My river
 is my own, and I have made it for myself.' {29:4} I will put hooks in
 your jaws, and I will make the fish of your rivers stick to your
 scales; and I will bring you up out of the midst of your rivers, with
 all the fish of your rivers which stick to your scales. {29:5} I'll
 cast you forth into the wilderness, you and all the fish of your
 rivers. You'll fall on the open field. You won't be brought together,
 nor gathered. I have given you for food to the animals of the earth
 and to the birds of the sky. {29:6} All the inhabitants of Egypt will
 know that I am the LORD, because they have been a staff of reed to the
 house of Israel. {29:7} When they took hold of you by your hand, you
 broke, and tore all their shoulders; and when they leaned on you, you
 broke, and paralyzed all of their thighs." {29:8} Therefore thus says
 the Lord GOD: "Behold, I will bring a sword on you, and will cut off
 man and animal from you. {29:9} The land of Egypt shall be a
 desolation and a waste; and they shall know that I am the LORD.
 Because he has said, 'The river is mine, and I have made it;' {29:10}
 therefore, behold, I am against you, and against your rivers, and I
 will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from the
 tower of Seveneh even to the border of Ethiopia. {29:11} No foot of
 man shall pass through it, nor foot of animal shall pass through it,
 neither shall it be inhabited forty years. {29:12} I will make the
 land of Egypt a desolation in the midst of the countries that are
 desolate; and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be
 a desolation forty years; and I will scatter the Egyptians among the
 nations, and will disperse them through the countries." {29:13} For
 thus says the Lord GOD: "At the end of forty years will I gather the
 Egyptians from the peoples where they were scattered; {29:14} and I
 will bring back the captivity of Egypt, and will cause them to return
 into the land of Pathros, into the land of their birth; and they shall
 be there a base kingdom. {29:15} It shall be the base of the kingdoms;
 neither shall it any more lift itself up above the nations: and I will
 diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations. {29:16}
 It shall be no more the confidence of the house of Israel, bringing
 iniquity to memory, when they turn to look after them: and they shall
 know that I am the Lord GOD."'" {29:17} It came to pass in the seven
 and twentieth year, in the first [month], in the first [day] of the
 month, the word of the LORD came to me, saying, {29:18} Son of man,
 Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great
 service against Tyre: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was
 worn; yet had he no wages, nor his army, from Tyre, for the service
 that he had served against it. {29:19} Therefore thus says the Lord
 GOD: Behold, I will give the land of Egypt to Nebuchadnezzar king of
 Babylon; and he shall carry off her multitude, and take her spoil, and
 take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army. {29:20} I have
 given him the land of Egypt as his recompense for which he served,
 because they worked for me, says the Lord GOD. {29:21} In that day
 will I cause a horn to bud forth to the house of Israel, and I will
 give you the opening of the mouth in their midst; and they shall know
 that I am the LORD.

   {30:1} The word of the LORD came again to me, saying, {30:2} Son of
 man, prophesy, and say, Thus says the Lord GOD: Wail, Alas for the
 day! {30:3} For the day is near, even the day of the LORD is near; it
 shall be a day of clouds, a time of the nations. {30:4} A sword shall
 come on Egypt, and anguish shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall
 fall in Egypt; and they shall take away her multitude, and her
 foundations shall be broken down. {30:5} Ethiopia, and Put, and Lud,
 and all the mixed people, and Cub, and the children of the land that
 is allied with them, shall fall with them by the sword. {30:6} Thus
 says the LORD: They also who uphold Egypt shall fall; and the pride of
 her power shall come down: from the tower of Seveneh shall they fall
 in it by the sword, says the Lord GOD. {30:7} They shall be desolate
 in the midst of the countries that are desolate; and her cities shall
 be in the midst of the cities that are wasted. {30:8} They shall know
 that I am the LORD, when I have set a fire in Egypt, and all her
 helpers are destroyed. {30:9} In that day shall messengers go forth
 from before me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid; and
 there shall be anguish on them, as in the day of Egypt; for, behold,
 it comes. {30:10} Thus says the Lord GOD: I will also make the
 multitude of Egypt to cease, by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of
 Babylon. {30:11} He and his people with him, the terrible of the
 nations, shall be brought in to destroy the land; and they shall draw
 their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain. {30:12}
 I will make the rivers dry, and will sell the land into the hand of
 evil men; and I will make the land desolate, and all that is therein,
 by the hand of strangers: I, the LORD, have spoken it. {30:13} Thus
 says the Lord GOD: I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause the
 images to cease from Memphis; and there shall be no more a prince from
 the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt. {30:14}
 I will make Pathros desolate, and will set a fire in Zoan, and will
 execute judgments on No. {30:15} I will pour my wrath on Sin, the
 stronghold of Egypt; and I will cut off the multitude of No. {30:16} I
 will set a fire in Egypt: Sin shall be in great anguish, and No shall
 be broken up; and Memphis [shall have] adversaries in the daytime.
 {30:17} The young men of Aven and of Pibeseth shall fall by the sword;
 and these [cities] shall go into captivity. {30:18} At Tehaphnehes
 also the day shall withdraw itself, when I shall break there the yokes
 of Egypt, and the pride of her power shall cease in her: as for her, a
 cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.
 {30:19} Thus will I execute judgments on Egypt; and they shall know
 that I am the LORD. {30:20} It happened in the eleventh year, in the
 first [month], in the seventh [day] of the month, that the word of the
 LORD came to me, saying, {30:21} Son of man, I have broken the arm of
 Pharaoh king of Egypt; and behold, it has not been bound up, to apply
 [healing] medicines, to put a bandage to bind it, that it be strong to
 hold the sword. {30:22} Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I am
 against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong
 [arm], and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall
 out of his hand. {30:23} I will scatter the Egyptians among the
 nations, and will disperse them through the countries. {30:24} I will
 strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his
 hand: but I will break the arms of Pharaoh, and he shall groan before
 him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man. {30:25} I will hold up
 the arms of the king of Babylon; and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall
 down; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall put my
 sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it
 out on the land of Egypt. {30:26} I will scatter the Egyptians among
 the nations, and disperse them through the countries; and they shall
 know that I am the LORD.

Footnotes:
[1] {28:13} or, lapis lazuli

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.