Deuteronomy, starting at chapter 10

   {10:1} At that time the LORD said to me, "Cut two tables of stone
 like the first, and come up to me onto the mountain, and make an ark
 of wood. {10:2} I will write on the tables the words that were on the
 first tables which you broke, and you shall put them in the ark."
 {10:3} So I made an ark of acacia wood, and cut two tables of stone
 like the first, and went up onto the mountain, having the two tables
 in my hand. {10:4} He wrote on the tables, according to the first
 writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spoke to you on the
 mountain out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and
 the LORD gave them to me. {10:5} I turned and came down from the
 mountain, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there
 they are as the LORD commanded me. {10:6} (The children of Israel
 traveled from Beeroth Bene Jaakan to Moserah. There Aaron died, and
 there he was buried; and Eleazar his son ministered in the priest's
 office in his place. {10:7} From there they traveled to Gudgodah; and
 from Gudgodah to Jotbathah, a land of brooks of water. {10:8} At that
 time the LORD set apart the tribe of Levi, to bear the ark of the
 covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister to him, and
 to bless in his name, to this day. {10:9} Therefore Levi has no
 portion nor inheritance with his brothers; the LORD is his
 inheritance, according as the LORD your God spoke to him.) {10:10} I
 stayed on the mountain, as at the first time, forty days and forty
 nights: and the LORD listened to me that time also; the LORD would not
 destroy you. {10:11} The LORD said to me, "Arise, take your journey
 before the people; and they shall go in and possess the land, which I
 swore to their fathers to give to them."

   {10:12} Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but
 to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him,
 and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your
 soul, {10:13} to keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes,
 which I command you this day for your good? {10:14} Behold, to the
 LORD your God belongs heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth,
 with all that is therein. {10:15} Only the LORD had a delight in your
 fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you
 above all peoples, as at this day. {10:16} Circumcise therefore the
 foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiff-necked. {10:17} For the
 LORD your God, he is God of gods, and Lord of lords, the great God,
 the mighty, and the awesome, who doesn't respect persons, nor takes
 reward. {10:18} He does execute justice for the fatherless and widow,
 and loves the foreigner, in giving him food and clothing. {10:19}
 Therefore love the foreigner; for you were foreigners in the land of
 Egypt. {10:20} You shall fear the LORD your God; you shall serve him;
 and you shall cling to him, and you shall swear by his name. {10:21}
 He is your praise, and he is your God, who has done for you these
 great and awesome things, which your eyes have seen. {10:22} Your
 fathers went down into Egypt with seventy persons; and now the LORD
 your God has made you as the stars of the sky for multitude.

   {11:1} Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep his
 instructions, and his statutes, and his ordinances, and his
 commandments, always. {11:2} Know this day: for I don't speak with
 your children who have not known, and who have not seen the
 chastisement of the LORD your God, his greatness, his mighty hand, and
 his outstretched arm, {11:3} and his signs, and his works, which he
 did in the midst of Egypt to Pharaoh the king of Egypt, and to all his
 land; {11:4} and what he did to the army of Egypt, to their horses,
 and to their chariots; how he made the water of the Sea of Suf to
 overflow them as they pursued after you, and how the LORD has
 destroyed them to this day; {11:5} and what he did to you in the
 wilderness, until you came to this place; {11:6} and what he did to
 Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, the son of Reuben; how the earth
 opened its mouth, and swallowed them up, and their households, and
 their tents, and every living thing that followed them, in the midst
 of all Israel: {11:7} but your eyes have seen all the great work of
 the LORD which he did. {11:8} Therefore you shall keep all the
 commandment which I command you this day, that you may be strong, and
 go in and possess the land, where you go over to possess it; {11:9}
 and that you may prolong your days in the land, which the LORD swore
 to your fathers to give to them and to their seed, a land flowing with
 milk and honey. {11:10} For the land, where you go in to possess it,
 isn't as the land of Egypt, that you came out from, where you sowed
 your seed, and watered it with your foot, as a garden of herbs;
 {11:11} but the land, where you go over to possess it, is a land of
 hills and valleys which drinks water of the rain of the sky, {11:12} a
 land which the LORD your God cares for: the eyes of the LORD your God
 are always on it, from the beginning of the year even to the end of
 the year. {11:13} It shall happen, if you shall listen diligently to
 my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your
 God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
 {11:14} that I will give the rain of your land in its season, the
 former rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain,
 and your new wine, and your oil. {11:15} I will give grass in your
 fields for your livestock, and you shall eat and be full. {11:16} Take
 heed to yourselves, lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside,
 and serve other gods, and worship them; {11:17} and the anger of the
 LORD be kindled against you, and he shut up the sky, so that there
 shall be no rain, and the land shall not yield its fruit; and you
 perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD gives you.
 {11:18} Therefore you shall lay up these my words in your heart and in
 your soul; and you shall bind them for a sign on your hand, and they
 shall be for symbols between your eyes. {11:19} You shall teach them
 your children, talking of them, when you sit in your house, and when
 you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up.
 {11:20} You shall write them on the door posts of your house, and on
 your gates; {11:21} that your days may be multiplied, and the days of
 your children, in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers to
 give them, as the days of the heavens above the earth. {11:22} For if
 you shall diligently keep all this commandment which I command you, to
 do it, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to
 cling to him; {11:23} then will the LORD drive out all these nations
 from before you, and you shall dispossess nations greater and mightier
 than yourselves. {11:24} Every place whereon the sole of your foot
 shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness, and Lebanon, from the
 river, the river Euphrates, even to the hinder sea shall be your
 border. {11:25} No man shall be able to stand before you: the LORD
 your God shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you on all the
 land that you shall tread on, as he has spoken to you. {11:26} Behold,
 I set before you this day a blessing and a curse: {11:27} the
 blessing, if you shall listen to the commandments of the LORD your
 God, which I command you this day; {11:28} and the curse, if you shall
 not listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside
 out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods,
 which you have not known. {11:29} It shall happen, when the LORD your
 God shall bring you into the land where you go to possess it, that you
 shall set the blessing on Mount Gerizim, and the curse on Mount Ebal.
 {11:30} Aren't they beyond the Jordan, behind the way of the going
 down of the sun, in the land of the Canaanites who dwell in the
 Arabah, over against Gilgal, beside the oaks of Moreh? {11:31} For you
 are to pass over the Jordan to go in to possess the land which the
 LORD your God gives you, and you shall possess it, and dwell therein.
 {11:32} You shall observe to do all the statutes and the ordinances
 which I set before you this day.

   {12:1} These are the statutes and the ordinances which you shall
 observe to do in the land which the LORD, the God of your fathers, has
 given you to possess it, all the days that you live on the earth.
 {12:2} You shall surely destroy all the places in which the nations
 that you shall dispossess served their gods, on the high mountains,
 and on the hills, and under every green tree: {12:3} and you shall
 break down their altars, and dash in pieces their pillars, and burn
 their Asherim with fire; and you shall cut down the engraved images of
 their gods; and you shall destroy their name out of that place. {12:4}
 You shall not do so to the LORD your God. {12:5} But to the place
 which the LORD your God shall choose out of all your tribes, to put
 his name there, even to his habitation you shall seek, and there you
 shall come; {12:6} and there you shall bring your burnt offerings, and
 your sacrifices, and your tithes, and the wave offering of your hand,
 and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your
 herd and of your flock: {12:7} and there you shall eat before the LORD
 your God, and you shall rejoice in all that you put your hand to, you
 and your households, in which the LORD your God has blessed you.
 {12:8} You shall not do after all the things that we do here this day,
 every man whatever is right in his own eyes; {12:9} for you haven't
 yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God
 gives you. {12:10} But when you go over the Jordan, and dwell in the
 land which the LORD your God causes you to inherit, and he gives you
 rest from all your enemies around you, so that you dwell in safety;
 {12:11} then it shall happen that to the place which the LORD your God
 shall choose, to cause his name to dwell there, there you shall bring
 all that I command you: your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices,
 your tithes, and the wave offering of your hand, and all your choice
 vows which you vow to the LORD. {12:12} You shall rejoice before the
 LORD your God, you, and your sons, and your daughters, and your male
 servants, and your female servants, and the Levite who is within your
 gates, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you. {12:13}
 Take heed to yourself that you don't offer your burnt offerings in
 every place that you see; {12:14} but in the place which the LORD
 shall choose in one of your tribes, there you shall offer your burnt
 offerings, and there you shall do all that I command you. {12:15}
 Notwithstanding, you may kill and eat flesh within all your gates,
 after all the desire of your soul, according to the blessing of the
 LORD your God which he has given you: the unclean and the clean may
 eat of it, as of the gazelle, and as of the hart. {12:16} Only you
 shall not eat the blood; you shall pour it out on the earth as water.
 {12:17} You may not eat within your gates the tithe of your grain, or
 of your new wine, or of your oil, or the firstborn of your herd or of
 your flock, nor any of your vows which you vow, nor your freewill
 offerings, nor the wave offering of your hand; {12:18} but you shall
 eat them before the LORD your God in the place which the LORD your God
 shall choose, you, and your son, and your daughter, and your male
 servant, and your female servant, and the Levite who is within your
 gates: and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God in all that you
 put your hand to. {12:19} Take heed to yourself that you don't forsake
 the Levite as long as you live in your land.

   {12:20} When the LORD your God shall enlarge your border, as he has
 promised you, and you shall say, "I want to eat meat," because your
 soul desires to eat meat; you may eat meat, after all the desire of
 your soul. {12:21} If the place which the LORD your God shall choose,
 to put his name there, is too far from you, then you shall kill of
 your herd and of your flock, which the LORD has given you, as I have
 commanded you; and you may eat within your gates, after all the desire
 of your soul. {12:22} Even as the gazelle and as the hart is eaten, so
 you shall eat of it: the unclean and the clean may eat of it alike.
 {12:23} Only be sure that you don't eat the blood: for the blood is
 the life; and you shall not eat the life with the flesh. {12:24} You
 shall not eat it; you shall pour it out on the earth as water. {12:25}
 You shall not eat it; that it may go well with you, and with your
 children after you, when you shall do that which is right in the eyes
 of the LORD. {12:26} Only your holy things which you have, and your
 vows, you shall take, and go to the place which the LORD shall choose:
 {12:27} and you shall offer your burnt offerings, the flesh and the
 blood, on the altar of the LORD your God; and the blood of your
 sacrifices shall be poured out on the altar of the LORD your God; and
 you shall eat the flesh. {12:28} Observe and hear all these words
 which I command you, that it may go well with you, and with your
 children after you forever, when you do that which is good and right
 in the eyes of the LORD your God.

   {12:29} When the LORD your God shall cut off the nations from before
 you, where you go in to dispossess them, and you dispossess them, and
 dwell in their land; {12:30} take heed to yourself that you not be
 ensnared to follow them, after that they are destroyed from before
 you; and that you not inquire after their gods, saying, "How do these
 nations serve their gods? I will do likewise." {12:31} You shall not
 do so to the LORD your God: for every abomination to the LORD, which
 he hates, have they done to their gods; for even their sons and their
 daughters do they burn in the fire to their gods. {12:32} Whatever
 thing I command you, that you shall observe to do: you shall not add
 thereto, nor diminish from it.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.