The First Book of Kings, starting at chapter 7

   {7:1} Solomon was building his own house thirteen years, and he
 finished all his house. {7:2} For he built the house of the forest of
 Lebanon; its length was one hundred cubits, and its breadth fifty
 cubits, and its height thirty cubits, on four rows of cedar pillars,
 with cedar beams on the pillars. {7:3} It was covered with cedar above
 over the forty-five beams, that were on the pillars; fifteen in a row.
 {7:4} There were beams in three rows, and window was over against
 window in three ranks. {7:5} All the doors and posts were made square
 with beams: and window was over against window in three ranks. {7:6}
 He made the porch of pillars; its length was fifty cubits, and its
 breadth thirty cubits; and a porch before them; and pillars and a
 threshold before them. {7:7} He made the porch of the throne where he
 was to judge, even the porch of judgment: and it was covered with
 cedar from floor to floor. {7:8} His house where he was to dwell, the
 other court within the porch, was of the like work. He made also a
 house for Pharaoh's daughter (whom Solomon had taken as wife), like
 this porch. {7:9} All these were of costly stones, even of cut stone,
 according to measure, sawed with saws, inside and outside, even from
 the foundation to the coping, and so on the outside to the great
 court. {7:10} The foundation was of costly stones, even great stones,
 stones of ten cubits, and stones of eight cubits. {7:11} Above were
 costly stones, even cut stone, according to measure, and cedar wood.
 {7:12} The great court around had three courses of cut stone, and a
 course of cedar beams; like as the inner court of the house of the
 LORD, and the porch of the house. {7:13} King Solomon sent and fetched
 Hiram out of Tyre. {7:14} He was the son of a widow of the tribe of
 Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brass; and he
 was filled with wisdom and understanding and skill, to work all works
 in brass. He came to king Solomon, and performed all his work. {7:15}
 For he fashioned the two pillars of brass, eighteen cubits high
 apiece: and a line of twelve cubits encircled either of them about.
 {7:16} He made two capitals of molten brass, to set on the tops of the
 pillars: the height of the one capital was five cubits, and the height
 of the other capital was five cubits. {7:17} There were nets of
 checker work, and wreaths of chain work, for the capitals which were
 on the top of the pillars; seven for the one capital, and seven for
 the other capital. {7:18} So he made the pillars; and there were two
 rows around on the one network, to cover the capitals that were on the
 top of the pillars: and he did so for the other capital. {7:19} The
 capitals that were on the top of the pillars in the porch were of lily
 work, four cubits. {7:20} There were capitals above also on the two
 pillars, close by the belly which was beside the network: and the
 pomegranates were two hundred, in rows around on the other capital.
 {7:21} He set up the pillars at the porch of the temple: and he set up
 the right pillar, and called its name Jachin; and he set up the left
 pillar, and called its name Boaz. {7:22} On the top of the pillars was
 lily work: so was the work of the pillars finished. {7:23} He made the
 molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and its
 height was five cubits; and a line of thirty cubits encircled it.
 {7:24} Under its brim around there were buds which encircled it, for
 ten cubits, encircling the sea: the buds were in two rows, cast when
 it was cast. {7:25} It stood on twelve oxen, three looking toward the
 north, and three looking toward the west, and three looking toward the
 south, and three looking toward the east; and the sea was set on them
 above, and all their hinder parts were inward. {7:26} It was a
 handbreadth thick: and its brim was worked like the brim of a cup,
 like the flower of a lily: it held two thousand baths. {7:27} He made
 the ten bases of brass; four cubits was the length of one base, and
 four cubits its breadth, and three cubits its height. {7:28} The work
 of the bases was like this: they had panels; and there were panels
 between the ledges; {7:29} and on the panels that were between the
 ledges were lions, oxen, and cherubim; and on the ledges there was a
 pedestal above; and beneath the lions and oxen were wreaths of hanging
 work. {7:30} Every base had four bronze wheels, and axles of brass;
 and the four feet of it had supports: beneath the basin were the
 supports molten, with wreaths at the side of each. {7:31} The mouth of
 it within the capital and above was a cubit: and its mouth was round
 after the work of a pedestal, a cubit and a half; and also on its
 mouth were engravings, and their panels were foursquare, not round.
 {7:32} The four wheels were underneath the panels; and the axles of
 the wheels were in the base: and the height of a wheel was a cubit and
 half a cubit. {7:33} The work of the wheels was like the work of a
 chariot wheel: their axles, and their rims, and their spokes, and
 their naves, were all molten. {7:34} There were four supports at the
 four corners of each base: its supports were of the base itself.
 {7:35} In the top of the base was there a round compass half a cubit
 high; and on the top of the base its stays and its panels were of the
 same. {7:36} On the plates of its stays, and on its panels, he
 engraved cherubim, lions, and palm trees, according to the space of
 each, with wreaths all around. {7:37} In this way, he made the ten
 bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one form. {7:38}
 He made ten basins of brass: one basin contained forty baths; and
 every basin was four cubits; and on every one of the ten bases one
 basin. {7:39} He set the bases, five on the right side of the house,
 and five on the left side of the house: and he set the sea on the
 right side of the house eastward, toward the south. {7:40} Hiram made
 the basins, and the shovels, and the basins. So Hiram made an end of
 doing all the work that he worked for king Solomon in the house of the
 LORD: {7:41} the two pillars, and the two bowls of the capitals that
 were on the top of the pillars; and the two networks to cover the two
 bowls of the capitals that were on the top of the pillars; {7:42} and
 the four hundred pomegranates for the two networks; two rows of
 pomegranates for each network, to cover the two bowls of the capitals
 that were on the pillars; {7:43} and the ten bases, and the ten basins
 on the bases; {7:44} and the one sea, and the twelve oxen under the
 sea; {7:45} and the pots, and the shovels, and the basins: even all
 these vessels, which Hiram made for king Solomon, in the house of the
 LORD, were of burnished brass. {7:46} The king cast them in the plain
 of the Jordan, in the clay ground between Succoth and Zarethan. {7:47}
 Solomon left all the vessels unweighed, because they were exceeding
 many: the weight of the brass could not be found out. {7:48} Solomon
 made all the vessels that were in the house of the LORD: the golden
 altar, and the table whereupon the show bread was, of gold; {7:49} and
 the menorahs, five on the right side, and five on the left, before the
 oracle, of pure gold; and the flowers, and the lamps, and the tongs,
 of gold; {7:50} and the cups, and the snuffers, and the basins, and
 the spoons, and the fire pans, of pure gold; and the hinges, both for
 the doors of the inner house, the most holy place, and for the doors
 of the house, of the temple, of gold. {7:51} Thus all the work that
 king Solomon worked in the house of the LORD was finished. Solomon
 brought in the things which David his father had dedicated, the
 silver, and the gold, and the vessels, and put them in the treasuries
 of the house of the LORD.

   {8:1} Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads
 of the tribes, the princes of the fathers' households of the children
 of Israel, to king Solomon in Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the
 covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion. {8:2}
 All the men of Israel assembled themselves to king Solomon at the
 feast, in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month. {8:3} All the
 elders of Israel came, and the priests took up the ark. {8:4} They
 brought up the ark of the LORD, and the Tent of Meeting, and all the
 holy vessels that were in the Tent; even these the priests and the
 Levites brought up. {8:5} King Solomon and all the congregation of
 Israel, who were assembled to him, were with him before the ark,
 sacrificing sheep and cattle, that could not be counted nor numbered
 for multitude. {8:6} The priests brought in the ark of the covenant of
 the LORD to its place, into the oracle of the house, to the most holy
 place, even under the wings of the cherubim. {8:7} For the cherubim
 spread forth their wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubim
 covered the ark and its poles above. {8:8} The poles were so long that
 the ends of the poles were seen from the holy place before the oracle;
 but they were not seen outside: and there they are to this day. {8:9}
 There was nothing in the ark except the two tables of stone which
 Moses put there at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the
 children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt. {8:10} It
 came to pass, when the priests had come out of the holy place, that
 the cloud filled the house of the LORD, {8:11} so that the priests
 could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud; for the glory of
 the LORD filled the house of the LORD. {8:12} Then Solomon said, "The
 LORD has said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. {8:13} I have
 surely built you a house of habitation, a place for you to dwell in
 forever."

   {8:14} The king turned his face about, and blessed all the assembly
 of Israel: and all the assembly of Israel stood. {8:15} He said,
 "Blessed is the LORD, the God of Israel, who spoke with his mouth to
 David your father, and has with his hand fulfilled it, saying, {8:16}
 'Since the day that I brought my people Israel out of Egypt, I chose
 no city out of all the tribes of Israel to build a house, that my name
 might be there; but I chose David to be over my people Israel.'

   {8:17} "Now it was in the heart of David my father to build a house
 for the name of the LORD, the God of Israel. {8:18} But the LORD said
 to David my father, 'Whereas it was in your heart to build a house for
 my name, you did well that it was in your heart. {8:19} Nevertheless,
 you shall not build the house; but your son who shall come forth out
 of your body, he shall build the house for my name.' {8:20} The LORD
 has established his word that he spoke; for I have risen up in the
 place of David my father, and I sit on the throne of Israel, as the
 LORD promised, and have built the house for the name of the LORD, the
 God of Israel. {8:21} There I have set a place for the ark, in which
 is the covenant of the LORD, which he made with our fathers, when he
 brought them out of the land of Egypt."

   {8:22} Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of
 all the assembly of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven;
 {8:23} and he said, "LORD, the God of Israel, there is no God like
 you, in heaven above, or on earth beneath; who keep covenant and
 loving kindness with your servants, who walk before you with all their
 heart; {8:24} who have kept with your servant David my father that
 which you promised him. Yes, you spoke with your mouth, and have
 fulfilled it with your hand, as it is this day. {8:25} Now therefore,
 may LORD, the God of Israel, keep with your servant David my father
 that which you have promised him, saying, 'There shall not fail you a
 man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel, if only your children
 take heed to their way, to walk before me as you have walked before
 me.'

   {8:26} "Now therefore, God of Israel, please let your word be
 verified, which you spoke to your servant David my father. {8:27} But
 will God in very deed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the
 heaven of heavens can't contain you; how much less this house that I
 have built! {8:28} Yet have respect for the prayer of your servant,
 and for his supplication, LORD my God, to listen to the cry and to the
 prayer which your servant prays before you this day; {8:29} that your
 eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the
 place of which you have said, 'My name shall be there;' to listen to
 the prayer which your servant shall pray toward this place. {8:30}
 Listen to the supplication of your servant, and of your people Israel,
 when they shall pray toward this place. Yes, hear in heaven, your
 dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.

   {8:31} "If a man sins against his neighbor, and an oath is laid on
 him to cause him to swear, and he comes and swear before your altar in
 this house; {8:32} then hear in heaven, and do, and judge your
 servants, condemning the wicked, to bring his way on his own head, and
 justifying the righteous, to give him according to his righteousness.

   {8:33} "When your people Israel are struck down before the enemy,
 because they have sinned against you; if they turn again to you, and
 confess your name, and pray and make supplication to you in this
 house: {8:34} then hear in heaven, and forgive the sin of your people
 Israel, and bring them again to the land which you gave to their
 fathers.

   {8:35} "When the sky is shut up, and there is no rain, because they
 have sinned against you; if they pray toward this place, and confess
 your name, and turn from their sin, when you afflict them: {8:36} then
 hear in heaven, and forgive the sin of your servants, and of your
 people Israel, when you teach them the good way in which they should
 walk; and send rain on your land, which you have given to your people
 for an inheritance.

   {8:37} "If there is famine in the land, if there is pestilence, if
 there is blight, mildew, locust or caterpillar; if their enemy
 besieges them in the land of their cities; whatever plague, whatever
 sickness there is; {8:38} whatever prayer and supplication is made by
 any man, or by all your people Israel, who shall each know the plague
 of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house: {8:39}
 then hear in heaven, your dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and
 render to every man according to all his ways, whose heart you know;
 (for you, even you only, know the hearts of all the children of men;)
 {8:40} that they may fear you all the days that they live in the land
 which you gave to our fathers.

   {8:41} "Moreover concerning the foreigner, who is not of your people
 Israel, when he shall come out of a far country for your name's sake
 {8:42} (for they shall hear of your great name, and of your mighty
 hand, and of your outstretched arm); when he shall come and pray
 toward this house; {8:43} hear in heaven, your dwelling place, and do
 according to all that the foreigner calls to you for; that all the
 peoples of the earth may know your name, to fear you, as do your
 people Israel, and that they may know that this house which I have
 built is called by your name.

   {8:44} "If your people go out to battle against their enemy, by
 whatever way you shall send them, and they pray to the LORD toward the
 city which you have chosen, and toward the house which I have built
 for your name; {8:45} then hear in heaven their prayer and their
 supplication, and maintain their cause. {8:46} If they sin against you
 (for there is no man who doesn't sin), and you are angry with them,
 and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captive to
 the land of the enemy, far off or near; {8:47} yet if they shall
 repent in the land where they are carried captive, and turn again, and
 make supplication to you in the land of those who carried them
 captive, saying, 'We have sinned, and have done perversely; we have
 dealt wickedly;' {8:48} if they return to you with all their heart and
 with all their soul in the land of their enemies, who carried them
 captive, and pray to you toward their land, which you gave to their
 fathers, the city which you have chosen, and the house which I have
 built for your name: {8:49} then hear their prayer and their
 supplication in heaven, your dwelling place, and maintain their cause;
 {8:50} and forgive your people who have sinned against you, and all
 their transgressions in which they have transgressed against you; and
 give them compassion before those who carried them captive, that they
 may have compassion on them {8:51} (for they are your people, and your
 inheritance, which you brought out of Egypt, from the midst of the
 furnace of iron); {8:52} that your eyes may be open to the
 supplication of your servant, and to the supplication of your people
 Israel, to listen to them whenever they cry to you. {8:53} For you
 separated them from among all the peoples of the earth, to be your
 inheritance, as you spoke by Moses your servant, when you brought our
 fathers out of Egypt, Lord GOD."

   {8:54} It was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all
 this prayer and supplication to the LORD, he arose from before the
 altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread
 forth toward heaven. {8:55} He stood, and blessed all the assembly of
 Israel with a loud voice, saying, {8:56} "Blessed be the LORD, who has
 given rest to his people Israel, according to all that he promised.
 There has not failed one word of all his good promise, which he
 promised by Moses his servant. {8:57} May the LORD our God be with us,
 as he was with our fathers. Let him not leave us, nor forsake us;
 {8:58} that he may incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways,
 and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his ordinances,
 which he commanded our fathers. {8:59} Let these my words, with which
 I have made supplication before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God
 day and night, that he may maintain the cause of his servant, and the
 cause of his people Israel, as every day shall require; {8:60} that
 all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD, he is God. There
 is none else.

   {8:61} "Let your heart therefore be perfect with the LORD our God,
 to walk in his statutes, and to keep his commandments, as at this day."

   {8:62} The king, and all Israel with him, offered sacrifice before
 the LORD. {8:63} Solomon offered for the sacrifice of peace offerings,
 which he offered to the LORD, two and twenty thousand head of cattle,
 and one hundred twenty thousand sheep. So the king and all the
 children of Israel dedicated the house of the LORD. {8:64} The same
 day the king made the middle of the court holy that was before the
 house of the LORD; for there he offered the burnt offering, and the
 meal offering, and the fat of the peace offerings, because the bronze
 altar that was before the LORD was too little to receive the burnt
 offering, and the meal offering, and the fat of the peace offerings.
 {8:65} So Solomon held the feast at that time, and all Israel with
 him, a great assembly, from the entrance of Hamath to the brook of
 Egypt, before the LORD our God, seven days and seven days, even
 fourteen days. {8:66} On the eighth day he sent the people away; and
 they blessed the king, and went to their tents joyful and glad of
 heart for all the goodness that the LORD had shown to David his
 servant, and to Israel his people.

   {9:1} It happened, when Solomon had finished the building of the
 house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire
 which he was pleased to do, {9:2} that the LORD appeared to Solomon
 the second time, as he had appeared to him at Gibeon. {9:3} The LORD
 said to him, "I have heard your prayer and your supplication, that you
 have made before me. I have made this house holy, which you have
 built, to put my name there forever; and my eyes and my heart shall be
 there perpetually. {9:4} As for you, if you will walk before me, as
 David your father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness,
 to do according to all that I have commanded you, and will keep my
 statutes and my ordinances; {9:5} then I will establish the throne of
 your kingdom over Israel forever, according as I promised to David
 your father, saying, 'There shall not fail you a man on the throne of
 Israel.' {9:6} But if you turn away from following me, you or your
 children, and not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have
 set before you, but shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
 {9:7} then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given
 them; and this house, which I have made holy for my name, will I cast
 out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all
 peoples. {9:8} Though this house is so high, yet shall everyone who
 passes by it be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, 'Why
 has the LORD done thus to this land, and to this house?' {9:9} and
 they shall answer, 'Because they forsook the LORD their God, who
 brought their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold of other
 gods, and worshiped them, and served them. Therefore the LORD has
 brought all this evil on them.'"

   {9:10} It happened at the end of twenty years, in which Solomon had
 built the two houses, the house of the LORD and the king's house
 {9:11} (now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar
 trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire), that
 then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee.
 {9:12} Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had
 given him; and they didn't please him. {9:13} He said, "What cities
 are these which you have given me, my brother?" He called them the
 land of Cabul to this day. {9:14} Hiram sent to the king one hundred
 twenty talents of gold.

   {9:15} This is the reason of the levy which king Solomon raised, to
 build the house of the LORD, and his own house, and Millo, and the
 wall of Jerusalem, and Hazor, and Megiddo, and Gezer. {9:16} Pharaoh
 king of Egypt had gone up, and taken Gezer, and burnt it with fire,
 and slain the Canaanites who lived in the city, and given it for a
 portion to his daughter, Solomon's wife. {9:17} Solomon built Gezer,
 and Beth Horon the lower, {9:18} and Baalath, and Tamar in the
 wilderness, in the land, {9:19} and all the storage cities that
 Solomon had, and the cities for his chariots, and the cities for his
 horsemen, and that which Solomon desired to build for his pleasure in
 Jerusalem, and in Lebanon, and in all the land of his dominion. {9:20}
 As for all the people who were left of the Amorites, the Hittites, the
 Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites, who were not of the
 children of Israel; {9:21} their children who were left after them in
 the land, whom the children of Israel were not able utterly to
 destroy, of them Solomon raised a levy of bondservants to this day.
 {9:22} But of the children of Israel Solomon made no bondservants; but
 they were the men of war, and his servants, and his princes, and his
 captains, and rulers of his chariots and of his horsemen. {9:23} These
 were the chief officers who were over Solomon's work, five hundred
 fifty, who bore rule over the people who labored in the work. {9:24}
 But Pharaoh's daughter came up out of the city of David to her house
 which Solomon had built for her: then he built Millo. {9:25} Solomon
 offered burnt offerings and peace offerings on the altar which he
 built to the LORD three times a year, burning incense with them, on
 the altar that was before the LORD. So he finished the house. {9:26}
 King Solomon made a navy of ships in Ezion Geber, which is beside
 Eloth, on the shore of the Sea of Suf, in the land of Edom. {9:27}
 Hiram sent in the navy his servants, sailors who had knowledge of the
 sea, with the servants of Solomon. {9:28} They came to Ophir, and
 fetched from there gold, four hundred and twenty talents, and brought
 it to king Solomon.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.