The Good News According to Mark, Chapter 3

   {3:1} He entered again into the synagogue, and there was a man there
 who had his hand withered. {3:2} They watched him, whether he would
 heal him on the Sabbath day, that they might accuse him. {3:3} He said
 to the man who had his hand withered, "Stand up." {3:4} He said to
 them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath day to do good, or to do harm? To
 save a life, or to kill?" But they were silent. {3:5} When he had
 looked around at them with anger, being grieved at the hardening of
 their hearts, he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He
 stretched it out, and his hand was restored as healthy as the other.
 {3:6} The Pharisees went out, and immediately conspired with the
 Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

   {3:7} Yeshua withdrew to the sea with his disciples, and a great
 multitude followed him from Galilee, from Judea, {3:8} from Jerusalem,
 from Idumaea, beyond the Jordan, and those from around Tyre and Sidon.
 A great multitude, hearing what great things he did, came to him.
 {3:9} He spoke to his disciples that a little boat should stay near
 him because of the crowd, so that they wouldn't press on him. {3:10}
 For he had healed many, so that as many as had diseases pressed on him
 that they might touch him. {3:11} The unclean spirits, whenever they
 saw him, fell down before him, and cried, "You are the Son of God!"
 {3:12} He sternly warned them that they should not make him known.

   {3:13} He went up into the mountain, and called to himself those
 whom he wanted, and they went to him. {3:14} He appointed twelve, that
 they might be with him, and that he might send them out to proclaim,
 {3:15} and to have authority to heal sicknesses and to cast out
 demons: {3:16} Simon, to whom he gave the name Peter; {3:17} Jacob the
 son of Zebedee; Yochanan, the brother of Jacob, and he surnamed them
 Benei-Regesh, which means, Sons of Thunder; {3:18} Andrew; Philip;
 Bartholomew; Matthew; Thomas; Jacob, the son of Halfai; Taddai; Simon
 the Zealot; {3:19} and Judah Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

   He came into a house. {3:20} The multitude came together again, so
 that they could not so much as eat bread. {3:21} When his friends
 heard it, they went out to seize him: for they said, "He is insane."
 {3:22} The scribes who came down from Jerusalem said, "He has
 Beelzebul," and, "By the prince of the demons he casts out the demons."

   {3:23} He summoned them, and said to them in parables, "How can
 Satan cast out Satan? {3:24} If a kingdom is divided against itself,
 that kingdom cannot stand. {3:25} If a house is divided against
 itself, that house cannot stand. {3:26} If Satan has risen up against
 himself, and is divided, he can't stand, but has an end. {3:27} But no
 one can enter into the house of the strong man to plunder, unless he
 first binds the strong man; and then he will plunder his house. {3:28}
 Most certainly I tell you, all sins of the descendants of man will be
 forgiven, including their blasphemies with which they may blaspheme;
 {3:29} but whoever may blaspheme against the Holy Spirit never has
 forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin"{3:30} --because they
 said, "He has an unclean spirit."

   {3:31} His mother and his brothers came, and standing outside, they
 sent to him, calling him. {3:32} A multitude was sitting around him,
 and they told him, "Behold, your mother, your brothers, and [1>]your
 sisters[<1] are outside looking for you."

   {3:33} He answered them, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" {3:34}
 Looking around at those who sat around him, he said, "Behold, my
 mother and my brothers! {3:35} For whoever does the will of God, the
 same is my brother, and my sister, and mother."

Footnotes:
[1] {3:32} TR omits "your sisters"

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.